PDA

View Full Version : Help for WharfRat and family

kendrafitz
07-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have really been affected by the news of Wharfrat and his family. He was always so nice to me on PF, especially when I was new and completely clueless to the world of parrots. I always found he had great information and paid attention to his posts, since he had GWs and my Rosie is a GW. I strongly believe in "paying it forward" and want to help them out, even if it is just a little. I can't even imagine what they are all going through.

Below is a link to a page dedicated to helping Scott, Deb and Conner. It is on a website called giftforward, which is dedicated to fundraising for people in their time of need.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I just thought if anyone else felt as I do and wanted to help, it would be nice to be able to do so. Tragedies have a tendency to bring people together and this is certainly one of the worst cases I have witnessed in a long time. Any amount, even a few dollars could make a huge difference to this poor family.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope you all have a great week,
Kendra

ConureGuy
07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Me and my family will be donaiting some money to scott and debs in the next week or so i'm always willing to help out a good friend and scott and debs needs this help at this horrible time.

ConureGuy
07-29-2013, 05:10 PM
I would like to add that i have shared the donation page on facebook in hope that more people will donate to scott and debs in this time of need.

We all care and support you scott and debs.

Blancaej
07-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Great idea Kendra! I was just thinking something like this needed to get started. I will definitely be donating!

Honesty
07-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you for doing this Kendra.
As soon as I get back on Sunday, i will make a donation. I will also share it on FB. It may also be a good idea for us to share it on our Precisely Parrots FB Page :)

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Rescued
07-29-2013, 06:30 PM
I can't imagine the devastation they must be feeling. I hope that he recovers and they are able to find a way to deal with the aftermath. I will keep them in my prayers.

plax
07-29-2013, 07:30 PM
It may also be a good idea for us to share it on our Precisely Parrots FB Page :)I've done that, Wendy.

spiritbird
07-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Donation completed. Wish so much it could have been several millions of $$$$.

plax
07-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Donation completed. Wish so much it could have been several millions of $$$$.That was very kind of you, Dianne! On behalf of the Bazinets, please accept my sincere thanks :)

kendrafitz
07-30-2013, 01:17 AM
I thought I might post some of Debs recent updates from PF. I know some of you don't have access and Deb said it would be ok to fill you all in.

Thank you all.

Scott did well yesterday. We had finally gotten to move into a better Unit that is in much better shape. When I can get pictures to go thru email and send faster then 30minutes... lol. I'll send more pics. There is a cute pond with fish in it. LOL But I think Scott much more enjoys the ducks... lol

Deb
I had gone Saturday to Austin to get what I could out of Storage and bring back here. I had to leave most the furniture, I told the storage that on the 1st when payment is due I will have salvation army go and get the furniture and give to someone that may have use of it. I cant afford storage in two separate cities 4 hours apart

I was able to grab my double sided frig which I sold to Sherry and gave her husband my nice mower for driving me up to Austin to get what I could on his flat bed trailer. The money will help get us by. I am hoping to be able to get back to work soon. Which believe it or not I am SO looking forward to it! Luckily my job is working from home so this is beneficial in still being able to meet Scott's needs as much as I can, So thats very good news.

And last but not least - for those of you who knew Scott on the other forum:
thank you Kendra. I do not even know what to say. All of you!

your generosity, kindness and concern is so very much appreciated. Scott had said so many times that he loved this forum. He had always enjoyed himself. He said their were so many that he just enjoyed spending his time talking to. I suppose this was his home away from home.

Thank you again so very much. I am grateful for all of you!

Deb, Scott & Conner <3<3<3

MrsWharfRat
07-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Kendra Mentioned this website to me. Know Scott talked to me about it.

I did want to come in here and express my sincere thank you on behalf of my entire family for your generosity, kindness, concern and well wishes.

I am truly grateful

Deb

plax
07-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Kendra Mentioned this website to me. Know Scott talked to me about it.

I did want to come in here and express my sincere thank you on behalf of my entire family for your generosity, kindness, concern and well wishes.

I am truly grateful

DebWelcome Deb! We are extremely pleased to have you here :). I've very much missed you and Scott. You are completely welcome to consider this forum site an additional home if you wish. Our hearts go out to you in a big way... You, Scott, and Conner have been through so much! Please know that we support you entirely and that we hope you'll hang around here often! Feel free to look around :)

Tony

Honesty
07-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome Debs. I am so pleased you have joined us. I also miss you both and I am so upset by what has happened ! We are all here for you . Sending hugs to you, Scott and Connor :)

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
07-31-2013, 04:48 AM
Hi Deb, I too am very glad to see you here and get to read the updates on Scott's progress. When Scott gets better I hope to read updates from him as well.:th_hug8:

Heather. (Parker's Mom) added the donation site to my group page on Facebook. That's where I first read about it yesterday. I will get a donation to you as soon as I can be home on my computer which is much easier to work with than this tiny keyboard on my phone. I'm t work still right now.

I am keeping you three in my thoughts and will send good karma your way. I have missed visiting with Scott on the other forum and I have confidence he will be back on soon.

coltfire
07-31-2013, 06:56 AM
kendrafitz can you check the link you put up to donate , every time i go to it and hit donate it freezers my laptop and have to shut down manually,i will try again once i run my security .

kendrafitz
07-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Oh no, that is frustrating! I'm sorry. :(

Maybe try this:

Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

coltfire
07-31-2013, 01:59 PM
that 1st link has malware attached to it, shut my laptop down.

plax
07-31-2013, 02:19 PM
that 1st link has malware attached to it, shut my laptop down.Steve, it can't have malware attached to it. That's the direct link (full URL) to the same fundraiser site. My Internet security tools are always in a fully updated state and I've been visiting that very site every day this week. I've never received an alert when doing so. My guess is that you're receiving a false positive. Which AV application is giving you the alert and block?

coltfire
07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
it done the same thing to me again , run my security and malware found again, and its only freezes once i hit the button to donate

plax
07-31-2013, 02:50 PM
it done the same thing to me again , run my security and malware found again, and its only freezes once i hit the button to donateWhich security program is telling you the site contains malware? And what is the exact alert message? Also, what's the name of the malware that it thinks it's finding? Once the alert pops up, look very closely and carefully at the address in your browser's address bar field to confirm that it matches the following URL:

plax
07-31-2013, 03:00 PM
From: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Details for the domain giveforward.com

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Site not known for distributing malware or acting as a redirector.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Site not being used in spam campaigns (forum/comment/seo).
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Our scanners have not found any warnings on this site.

coltfire
08-01-2013, 03:38 AM
mate ive had to totally clean the lap top so dont have that info any more unless i go back into it , im using AVG pro 2013, ill try from another pc

kendrafitz
08-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to send out a thank you to everyone for all their very generous help and for taking the time to check out the page. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

MrsWharfRat
08-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you everyone for the support.

Sorry for being away from the forum. Had gotten very busy with Scott. The doctors would not refill a prescription that he had from the hospital. Its one that he must be tapered off of for 4 to 6 weeks. But without a prescription to do this he has been having withdrawals from it which has taken up a lot of my time and energy.

I truly appreciate your kindness!

Deb

plax
08-05-2013, 01:53 PM
That's OK Deb. We understand your huge burden and that you have a lot to do each day. And we're certainly hoping the best for Scott and his recovery!

Honesty
08-05-2013, 02:22 PM
You are very welcome Deb. Dont worry, we all understand that Scott has to be priority. We are all thinking of you though :th_hug8:

MrsWharfRat
08-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Update :)

Conner starts school in a couple weeks. Middle school now! can you believe it? hoping to get his school clothes and supplies
Were all ok. Conner is doing good. Excited to be going to school.
Scott did gain weight, I am happy to report. He is just now over 110 lbs. I must be doing something right. He had his Home Nurse out yesterday. Peg Tube had an irritation maybe allergy to the antibiotic ointment. But it looks ok. Was worried about his coughing, sounded too much like he did when he had the pneumonia. I have to schedule an outpatient hospital visit for him. He also had his occupational therapist out to see if they can get approval from medicaid to continue visits. Should hear from a Speech and Physical Therapist soon. The occupational therapist gave me his exercise program for him to follow everyday. Try to rebuild his muscles.

Been trying to get back to work. Ordered comcast 2 weeks ago, came out last sunday to install and sent the wrong tech out. another tech was here yesterday. Again sent the wrong tech, This one was here to drop and bury cable wires! no cable wires to bury. I called and begged for the right guy to be sent out. I loaded 300 minutes on my cell phone on Aug 1st. used it all up in 8 days talking to comcast trying to get it straightened out. And the line drops because I am out of minutes. I was suppose to start work yesterday. Now they are telling me that the can't send out the correct tech until Aug 16th. GEEZ

Once I get money then I can add money to my phone. Just kept telling them I am just trying to get back to work. Talked to my Supervisor everyday, they allowed me to have personal leave of absence due to scotts illness these past 2 months+. Now it's time to get back to work. :)

Deb

spiritbird
08-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Comcast is sometimes very difficult to deal with and the service keeps going off line. Thanks for the update and we all keep praying for recovery.

Honesty
08-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Update :)

Conner starts school in a couple weeks. Middle school now! can you believe it? hoping to get his school clothes and supplies
Were all ok. Conner is doing good. Excited to be going to school.
Scott did gain weight, I am happy to report. He is just now over 110 lbs. I must be doing something right. He had his Home Nurse out yesterday. Peg Tube had an irritation maybe allergy to the antibiotic ointment. But it looks ok. Was worried about his coughing, sounded too much like he did when he had the pneumonia. I have to schedule an outpatient hospital visit for him. He also had his occupational therapist out to see if they can get approval from medicaid to continue visits. Should hear from a Speech and Physical Therapist soon. The occupational therapist gave me his exercise program for him to follow everyday. Try to rebuild his muscles.

Been trying to get back to work. Ordered comcast 2 weeks ago, came out last sunday to install and sent the wrong tech out. another tech was here yesterday. Again sent the wrong tech, This one was here to drop and bury cable wires! no cable wires to bury. I called and begged for the right guy to be sent out. I loaded 300 minutes on my cell phone on Aug 1st. used it all up in 8 days talking to comcast trying to get it straightened out. And the line drops because I am out of minutes. I was suppose to start work yesterday. Now they are telling me that the can't send out the correct tech until Aug 16th. GEEZ

Once I get money then I can add money to my phone. Just kept telling them I am just trying to get back to work. Talked to my Supervisor everyday, they allowed me to have personal leave of absence due to scotts illness these past 2 months+. Now it's time to get back to work. :)

DebThanks for the update Deb:)

Conner must be very excited at going back to school. Is he a lttle apprehensive about going to a new one?

Thats great news with Scott gaining a little bit of weight. With your dedication, I am sure he will slowly gain more.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you in getting approval from medicaid to continue the visits.

It sounds like your internet installation over there is just as bad as here:( I hope they sort it for you soon:)

Thats good that you are able to have personal leave of absence. I hope it all works out for you and you are able to return to work soon.

Sending hugs to you all. :th_hug8:

MrsWharfRat
08-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Conner is not apprehensive, it takes to change very well :)

Thank you for the well wishes :)

Thanks for the update Deb:)

Conner must be very excited at going back to school. Is he a lttle apprehensive about going to a new one?

Thats great news with Scott gaining a little bit of weight. With your dedication, I am sure he will slowly gain more.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you in getting approval from medicaid to continue the visits.

It sounds like your internet installation over there is just as bad as here:( I hope they sort it for you soon:)

Thats good that you are able to have personal leave of absence. I hope it all works out for you and you are able to return to work soon.

Sending hugs to you all. :th_hug8:

plax
08-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the update, Deb. Scott's weight gain is a great thing! Your new place, Conner starting at a new school, and your getting back to work soon are all positive as well. I'm sure hoping things can be worked out with medicaid and the therapists Scott requires. Please keep us posted on that and about what's going on with Scott's cough, if you would. You'll continue to be in our thoughts... we're always here.

Blancaej
08-08-2013, 03:14 PM
That is great news about Scott's weight gain and never feel bad for not checking in for awhile. We totally understand you are dealing with a lot right now. At least things are starting to move toward a positive direction. I hope you get things worked about with Medicaid. Check in when you can, but most of all, take care of yourself while taking care of your family! :)

Turquoise
08-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Glad to hear Scott is gaining and is improving. I will continue to keep ya'll in my thoughts and good luck with your internet problems. It can be a major nightmare out here!

kendrafitz
08-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Hello all,

Deb was in need of funds, so the fundraiser has been closed. I will start another on the same site for them in case anyone who wanted to help didn't get a chance.

Also, just received word that their story was in a paper in Texas.

Here is the link:

Hope you all have a great week.

plax
08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Thank you so much, Kendra! We all wish the very best for Scott, Deb and Connor.

Honesty
08-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I can only second what Tony has said. Thank you Kendra :)

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 07:27 PM
I too hope for the best for them. Hopefully more money can be raised at some point to help them out even more!

MrsWharfRat
08-21-2013, 02:19 AM
We are all doing very well. Had a scare that Scott's pneumonia had returned in his right lung, but all is good. We went out for a walk and I have attached a photo of Scott with Conner below to share with everyone. I have gone back to work and Conner starts school next Monday!

Thank you for everyone's kindness :)

Deb

plax
08-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the status report, Deb... I'm so glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction. It's very nice to see Scott standing there with Conner. Keep up the great work and always think positive :)

Turquoise
08-21-2013, 04:53 AM
I'm glad to hear Scott is doing really well. The photo looks so good! :th_hug8:

I look forward to hearing how well Scott is doing from you. Stay strong & know that we all think about ya'll everyday. :th_greet13:

Honesty
08-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the update Deb. Its lovely to see Scott standing their with Conner.:) I am pleased you are able to return to work and Conner must be happy he is returning to school!

You are always in our thoughts.

ConureGuy
08-21-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm so glad he's back on his feet :) thanks for the update debs.