PDA

View Full Version : Cockatiel diet, help please.

Mare
07-29-2013, 02:58 AM
I just got home today from a family reunion in the Southern California desert, a 7hr. drive each way. Long story short, my brother was sitting on the patio and a cockatiel, from out of nowhere, landed on his shoulder. We all had to head back home today so I took the bird with me. My stepmom is going to post flyers and has called neighbors. Can anyone help me with what to feed him/her? My husband and I picked up a small cage to transport him here and I bought cockatiel seed. Do they eat the same things I would feed Sassy and Amigo just chopped smaller? Advice would be appreciated :), thanks

ShellyBorg
07-29-2013, 03:01 AM
He will do great on the same diet. Also give millot and stick whole leaf lettuce and dandelion leaves through the bars.

Mare
07-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Here is a pic.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
My little five year old niece named him 'Chip' because her daddy was eating tortilla chips when the bird flew to him for some bites!

Mare
07-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Thank you Shelly!

ShellyBorg
07-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Good luck!

Momto3boys
07-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Oh my goodness, he is gorgeous!

My cockatiels get pellets, seed plus the chops, mashes, breads, etc that I feed my bigger guys.

Debra
07-29-2013, 12:51 PM
He's beautiful! Looks just like my Bobby. Everyone has given you great advice on what to feed him so I won't add to it. I like the name Chip too.