PDA

View Full Version : Not allowed

Debra
07-27-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm not allowed to get any new sharp things for my kitchen. A few years ago Jerry bought me a Ninja food processor kit. As I was washing the blades I sliced two fingers resulting in a total of 9 stitches. Today, we bought a new knife set. I washed them just fine (learned my lesson there) then I proceeded to use one. I'm now sporting a bandaid on one finger. It's not bad enough to need stitches but geeze! Jerry is still laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ShellyBorg
07-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Oh No!

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Ouch! Glad no stitches are needed!!

spiritbird
07-27-2013, 09:44 PM
So you get knife bites and not bird bites!!

Either way not nice.

Mare
07-27-2013, 09:50 PM
This is why I have a hard time sending my hair cutting scissors in to be sharpened!

Honesty
07-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Ouch :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

coltfire
07-28-2013, 01:31 AM
ouch , no pics :th_LOL:

mrgoogls
07-28-2013, 01:36 AM
ow. at least you don't need stiches again:) I tend to cut myself once in a while in the kitchen too.... :P

Debra
07-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Steve -- it wasn't nasty enough this time to need to take pics. lol. I will just have to get used to the sharpness of these new knives. I didn't realize just how dull my old ones are.

kendrafitz
07-28-2013, 02:12 PM
I am extremely klutzy and I can tell you I can relate. Any time I get a sharp knife out my husband flinches! I once had to get stitches from a cat food can. Sharp objects are not my friend. It has become a joke in our house. Glad you found humor in it as well!

Debra
07-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I was actually cooking for the birds this time. I couldn't wait to get these new knives home and use them to make food for the birds. Forget cooking for the hubby. It was all for the birds! lol

Turquoise
08-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Oh my Debra, it would be hard to not use knives when cooking. :th_LOL: I can relate to the 'Cooking for the birds' 'Forget cooking for the hubby'! My hubby sometimes thinks my world only revolves around my birds & other critters. He looks around the house & then to his tiny corner of the living room he gets to call his own & the look on his face is priceless. LOL Terri knows what i'm talking about.:th_biggrin:

I'm not so bad with knives, most of mine never get sharpened. I equate the dullness as part of my exercise routine. It takes much more effort to hack through something with a dull knife than it does to quickly slice through with ease. In other words I get a good workout every time I use them.:th_hehe:

My claim to fame with cuts that should have gotten stitches was way back in the early '90s when I got my first Amazon. I was busily building him a portable play perch at 9:30 at night. I was holding a limb up to drill a hole through so I could bolt it down to a post. I had my left hand applying pressure on the back of the post while I drilled thinking I had my fingers out of harm's way. Nope, my dumb self was holding in the very spot the drill came through & ripped a 2" tear in my first finger on my left hand. I ran cool water over it for a good while, held it closed for awhile, then went to show Jerry who was in the bedroom watching t.v. He saw it, said a few expletives and said, "Don't you think you need to go get stitches?" I said, "Hell No!!" At 10:00pm at night?" "I ain't gonna' pay for a ER visit!!" I treated it, wrapped it & went back to finish my drilling & building. I'm very hardheaded & hate going to the doctors for anything. It healed on it's own, but did take 3 months of special care & keeping it treated with polysporin & good bandaging. It did leave a nice scar that is visible.