PDA

View Full Version : ~~Peta, My Little Cutie~~

Turquoise
07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
I haven't put photos of Peta up yet. Poor girl always has to take a back seat to those pesky macaws.:th_LOL: She is a 6 1/2 yrs old Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, my only re-home right now. I have had her for 1 1/2 yrs and she came right to me at her former owner's home. It was the deciding factor that told her former Mom I was the right person to take her. It was one of those friend of a friend of a friend kind of things. I found out her Mom was looking to give her to someone she thought was right to take her because she had recently gone through a divorce & couldn't take care of her any longer. She was working long hours and didn't feel Peta should suffer her not being there enough to let her out.

Peta was well loved by her former Mom & has been a wonderful blessing since the first day. She loves to be on my shoulder & pick at moles on my neck. I have to either keep my hair down or wear a shirt with a collar to keep her from pinching them off. She is relentless about getting the 'foreign' offenders off me. :th_hehe: She thought she was a 'Big Girl' hanging out on Ruby Jewel's play perch. Of course all macaws were locked in their enclosures & Peta had the place to herself!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
07-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Aww, Peta is adorable De'Andrea :) I had no idea you had a conure too.

Pinkbirdy
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
She so pretty !! I love conures ,but I have to say my two .I cant quite figure them out ;)

Debra
07-26-2013, 12:41 PM
She's beautiful!

spiritbird
07-26-2013, 01:22 PM
She is a real cutie! Thanks for sharing her photo.

Turquoise
07-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks everyone, Peta is really sweet. She is a doll when she is out. She is a 'pitbull' tho & thinks she can whip a macaw! She thinks nothing of flying to Roscoe's enclosure & trying to call him out. I have to keep her wings clipped for her own safety.

Wendy, I am guilty of not posting much about Peta. The big feathered kids get all the glory & photos most of the time. I don't take photos of the budgies very often only because they are hard to capture. They won't stay still & the photos are usually looking up their tails. They stay high up & won't pose for me like the macaws. LOL

Terri, what are your Conures like? I see you have a Yellowsided.

JadeC
07-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Oh my goodness!!! So adorable!

ACEPHONECHIC
07-26-2013, 03:44 PM
She is lovely so pretty. Zak my Sun Conure is a mole remover and I ahve had to have moles removed surgically because he will not let them alone until they bleed not a good idea with a mole.

Mare
07-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Peta is such a pretty girl! Beautiful colors, she sounds adorable!

kendrafitz
07-26-2013, 05:22 PM
What a pretty bird. She looks like such a happy little thing.

ShellyBorg
07-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Nice looker there!

Blancaej
07-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Very cute De'! :D

Turquoise
07-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Thanks everyone & Peta thanks you too. :th_biggrin:

She doesn't talk, not that I can understand. I do think she says her name, but it is not a clear word. She makes up for it with charm & looks. :th_hug8:

Pinkbirdy
07-28-2013, 02:47 AM
Thanks everyone, Peta is really sweet. She is a doll when she is out. She is a 'pitbull' tho & thinks she can whip a macaw! She thinks nothing of flying to Roscoe's enclosure & trying to call him out. I have to keep her wings clipped for her own safety.

Wendy, I am guilty of not posting much about Peta. The big feathered kids get all the glory & photos most of the time. I don't take photos of the budgies very often only because they are hard to capture. They won't stay still & the photos are usually looking up their tails. They stay high up & won't pose for me like the macaws. LOL

Terri, what are your Conures like? I see you have a Yellowsided. I love conures there so cute !! I could have my own conure room.Mine love to show off and beg for your attention.But the shape of their beaks gives the worst nip. They want to play hard on you [like flip on their backs] while they nip the crap out of you. I know their just playing but WOW. Ive had nippy birds but have been able to work out of it. I just learned they do this cause their so excited.

coltfire
07-28-2013, 07:43 AM
she is beautiful :thanks4sharingthumb

Turquoise
07-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks Steve.

Terri, my Peta doesn't do any of that. She doesn't flip on her back or nip. If I scratch her neck she will nibble my finger back & sometimes she lightly pinches, but it is like she were preening me back. She'd rather hang out on my neck than anyplace else. That is where she stayed with her former Mom, so it is what she learned to do to be loved.

The birds that give me the hardest bite in my house right now are the tiniest. Those budgies, since not hand tame will draw blood & they grind their bites! They love to get the cuticle & grind the devil out of it before I get the little stinker back into the cage, hence the reason they are just a flock & I spend my one on one time with my big feathered kids.:th_biggrin:

Blancaej
07-28-2013, 09:04 PM
I just had a chance to relook at this post De' and I have to say, Peta is just so darn adorable. She looks like a little sweet heart. When I saw this the first time I was in a hurry and read your post quickly. She sounds like she has a great little personality. What a great find for you! :D

Pinkbirdy
07-29-2013, 12:32 AM
De'Andrea ,Isnt It funny its the small beaks that hurt the worst . In my house its this guy [Disco]. I did get him from a pet store . Where Im sure he was poked at for a year and a half [so who can blame him].[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Turquoise
07-31-2013, 07:35 AM
It is funny about the little ones Terri. It's like they know they aren't big enough to crush or snap your finger off. So they can be tenacious with tbier bites.

And the bigs know they are dangerous and want to be gentle unless they don't know you or are pissed off to the point of being hysterically mad.

A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Terri, such a sweet face. Surely that innocent baby isn't being a stinker! :th_LOL:

Blanca, GCCs can be very loving and some do make sweet calm small parrots. Maybe it is cause she is past her terrible twos. I just know her other Mom got her as a weaned baby and I am her 2 nd parront. Her other Mom said she has always been a sweetheart.:th_heart: