PDA

View Full Version : Odor Eliminator

Luthien
07-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey all Macaw owners!

I have a question for you all. I just got an order eliminator for my cat litter and it says on the package that it's safe to use on the bottom of bird cages to help with odor. My question is have any of you heard of it and if so is it safe for my Scarlet Macaw?

It's called Litter Essence and it's made by absorbent products. There website is [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Thanks!

josiesmom
07-24-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure but do you have a need for it? Our b&g doesn't have an odor. The only smell I don't like about her is when she floats certain pellets in her water. I just change the water and the smell is gone. Even if I don't change the paper at the bottom for 2 or 3 days, I've never experienced a bad smell.

Pinkbirdy
07-24-2013, 11:46 PM
I agree [is it necessary?] Birds are so sensitive I would not take the chance. What smells sometimes in mine is the food [like fruit and chop mix].

Luthien
07-25-2013, 03:39 AM
I'm just thinking for when he poops and then plays in his water and re moistens the poop, there is a bit of an odor then. But no it's not truly necessary I was just wondering if it was safe. Like I mentioned before I have a cat and I want to put it in her cat litter but not if it's toxic to my bird being in the air.

Turquoise
07-25-2013, 09:11 AM
I haven't heard if it is harmful for parrots to be in the same room with it. I don't have cats, so I can't help you with what litters are safe.