PDA

View Full Version : A macaw gets rescued from a tree~~

Turquoise
07-24-2013, 05:56 AM
A macaw got scared while outside and a tree trimmer rescued it. A very good lesson in what can happen if your bird is not in a harness while outside with you. I know some birds have been trained for free flight, but the majority of our feathered darlings have not been. This is one possible tragedy that can be avoided with a harness.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
07-24-2013, 07:45 AM
I know the person this happened too as we are friends on FB. She was absolutely frantic over it. Luckily all ended well and he was rescued:)
I could never take Codie outside without a harness, he would be off in a jiffy:(

Turquoise
07-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Oh My!! I am sure it was a very frantic thing to see your feathered baby in a tree where you can't reach it. I am very glad the macaw allowed the guy, a stranger to bring it down. I know my macaws won't allow Jerry to pick them up unless they can't see me & they are in need of some kind such as landed on the floor.

Debra
07-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow! What a scary thing to have happened. My Bloke has gotten out twice. Both times, we were able to get him back in by putting Sydney (to whom he is extremely bonded) outside in a cage. She called him back home. He's not allowed anywhere near outside doors anymore.

Mare
07-24-2013, 06:43 PM
I couldn't see the Facebook photo, De', (my IPad tells me I need a flash player), so happy for the happy ending! When I was "training" Amigo for free flight, I felt the same way, everyday, FRANTIC over the possibility of losing him, of him flying away.

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Wow, they are very lucky that the macaw was rescued!