PDA

View Full Version : ~~The feathered ones are moving up in the world~~

Turquoise
07-24-2013, 12:57 AM
I had just sat down to eat supper a little while ago. We always have the t.v. on and I start hearing a familiar sounding voice (as in bird-wise) on a commercial. I'm like, "What the..." It was a Volkswagon commercial. They have a double yellowhead Amazon on a play perch telling the lady with him what kind of deal a guy is getting on a new Volkswagon. Not sure if it is the lady's husband. the guy is somewhere outside by a car talking on a phone.

I just found it funny & awesome to see parrots are getting to show just how unique & versatile they can be. Not just a cage decoration. Has anyone else seen this commercial yet?

Honesty
07-24-2013, 07:58 AM
I haven't seen it, but you probably have different ads to us over here! It just goes to show how clever they are, if they are now wanted for adverts :)

Rescued
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Ive seen it. :-) while I usually smile when I see an animal on tv I hate to see it too, there is always a person out there who sees it and is like oh, I need one of those...... Then the bird is out the door in a few months. I know that sounds pessimistic, but look at all the Disney movies like lady and the tramp and 101dalmations. So many people went out looking for those breeds and ended up dumping them in the shelter while breeders upped the breeding to put more marketable pups out there to the detriment of the breed. Whew..... Let me step off my soap box now. ;-)

Debra
07-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Wendy -- here it is:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
07-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Ok ,hes very cute !! I need one [and his stand ] ;)

Turquoise
07-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks Debra for adding the commercial. I should have known they would have it on youtube!:th_LOL:

Blancaej
07-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Elizabeth - I thought the same thing, too! When I read it I was thinking that is going to cause an influx of parrot purchases. Which as we all know, not a good thing. Too many are purchased on impulse.

Of course you can tell it's a voice over, so maybe it won't influence too many people. Cute commercial in either case!