PDA

View Full Version : How would this be for keko?

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 09:49 PM
So as you all know i will be bringing keko home in september and want him to have a nice cage now it's been over a year since i have had to shop for a cage but i did come across this one today it is a big cage and looks decent enough i'm wondering if this would suit him or her i would like your opinions on it if you have owned or still do let me know what you think of it hears a video of it and yes i had to find one which had a zon in it because i love zons so much :th_hehe:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
07-22-2013, 09:56 PM
The Cage is fine for a Grey, the only thing is with it are the locks, they are the latch type, which just lift up. I think in time Keko would be able to lift those latches up on the feed doors and get out.

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 10:06 PM
That was my main concern aswell after all he/she is a african grey i will look into changing the locks on it if not i will look for another cage. :)

spiritbird
07-22-2013, 10:10 PM
This cage is more than large enough. I really do not like the cages that are so low because I have a cat.
Are you getting a Timmy or a Congo??

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm getting a congo grey dianne and i want to give him/her the biggest cage i can afford like i did with georgie and jinx. :)

Pinkbirdy
07-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Im all for big cages too [and that one looks great].Its hard waiting for them to get weaned [isn't it] . I just got a Rosebreasted 2 in June. I obsessed over getting the right cage for him .I got mine on Amazon. But of course I checked craigslist [and ended up with a Goffin as I was looking for cages] I stay off craigslist now {I cant take it].

ConureGuy
07-23-2013, 02:56 AM
I don't think it's hard waiting it fly's over and before you can blink there in your arms being cuddled but to be honest i couldn't wait to get jinx and even had some special time with him as the breeder let me bring him home 2 weeks before he was due to come so i got to wean him off which was and still is a special moment for the both of us. :)

Blancaej
07-23-2013, 11:04 AM
My cage for Quincy has the same latches. He's never gotten them open. Not to say others won't. Lol! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ConureGuy
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Jinx's cage also has the same latches and he's never escaped LOL only difference between this cage and jinx's is the main door on this one had a double lock where as jinx's cage is only a single so i would have thought this would be perfect for keko when i get him home. :)

Turquoise
07-26-2013, 09:08 AM
The cage looks really nice & large. I bet Keko will love it.

I also agree with Terri, the waiting is horrible! I waited 4 1/2 months for Ruby Jewel and I didn't think she would ever wean. She was almost 8 months old by then, but she is a Green Wing & they are famous for taking a long time. Sometimes past a year old.

I like giving my feathered kids the largest cage I can afford & have room for. My macaws all have custom enclosures I can walk into. Leyla Belle has the original macaw cage I bought before I decided to go with professional dog kennels for the boys. Peta & the budgies have large flight cages. :th_biggrin:

ConureGuy
07-26-2013, 01:18 PM
I went to have a look at one of these cages it looks nice and all that but then i came across a better one which is larger this is it.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])