PDA

View Full Version : Salsa: Conversation about an apple (Salsa's mind)

plax
07-22-2013, 06:57 PM
This one should give you an idea of some of the unexpected questions he asks me. I was lucky to capture this on video. Normally he clams up as far as his full question sentences when I'm recording him. I caught a couple of them this time, though :th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
You made that baby wait for his apple so we could see his conversation abilities. Poor guy, did he at least get his apple?

plax
07-22-2013, 07:10 PM
You made that baby wait for his apple so we could see his conversation abilities. Poor guy, did he at least get his apple?Guilty as charged! He always gets his apple though ;). Actually, I wasn't ready to go cut up the apples yet. I just happened to grab the cam while he was up there yammering on :)

By the way, the reason he said "why did you do that?" in such a sympathy-inspiring tone is because I couldn't keep from laughing at him (just a little). Notice the tone of his voice change right after my second chuckle. Poor Salsa was offended by my laughing at him. I'm sorry, Salsa... I love you!!!

Honesty
07-22-2013, 08:52 PM
This one has got to be my favourite so far :) I love the way he says "why did you do that" Aww, he was offended because you laughed.
I am pretty sure Salsa knows you love him and it appears he loves you just as much :)

kendrafitz
07-22-2013, 08:56 PM
I had Rosie with me watching Salsa and I think she may have a birdie crush on Salsa. She loved his apple conversation and started kissing my iPad during his singing. :).

My daughter has some friends over and they watched a bunch of Salsa videos and loved them. One of her friends said, "Wow! I thought parrots just copied words here and there. I didn't know they knew what they were saying." :)

plax
07-22-2013, 09:20 PM
I had Rosie with me watching Salsa and I think she may have a birdie crush on Salsa. She loved his apple conversation and started kissing my iPad during his singing. :).

My daughter has some friends over and they watched a bunch of Salsa videos and loved them. One of her friends said, "Wow! I thought parrots just copied words here and there. I didn't know they knew what they were saying." :)Wow, that's pretty cool :). I'm going to have to play Rosie's ice cream video for Salsa. I've already played it for Zaf and I think he may have a crush on Rosie now! After Salsa sees it, I suppose it will be just one more thing for them to be rivals about ;).

Salsa sporadically comes out with sentences and phrases which are quite appropriate to what's going on at the moment, and which I've never heard him say before in some cases. His use of inflection is just phenomenal! I'm often astonished at how well he communicates. It's just been difficult to capture those instances on camera. I got fairly lucky this time. Usually he clams up when the video starts rolling, perhaps merely uttering a word or two.

kendrafitz
07-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Lol. I have a crush on Zaf, he is a doll. :)

Having watched videos and spending time with Rosie, I am just floored that I never realized how intelligent these creatures are. I am very happy that my kids get the privilege of growing up with Rosie and seeing it first hand. Then in turn, sharing it with their friends.

Rosie talks a bit, but most things aren't clear. It reminds me of the baby talk my kids did when they were little. She also will stop doing whatever she is doing once she sees my phone come out. I haven't been all that lucky videoing her. Hoping to get better at it as she gets older.

plax
07-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Lol. I have a crush on Zaf, he is a doll. :)

Having watched videos and spending time with Rosie, I am just floored that I never realized how intelligent these creatures are. I am very happy that my kids get the privilege of growing up with Rosie and seeing it first hand. Then in turn, sharing it with their friends.

Rosie talks a bit, but most things aren't clear. It reminds me of the baby talk my kids did when they were little. She also will stop doing whatever she is doing once she sees my phone come out. I haven't been all that lucky videoing her. Hoping to get better at it as she gets older.They are indeed amazing! They're so entertaining and they're such great company. And they have an incredibly remarkable capacity to feel genuine love for us and express it quite well. Parrots are the best!

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Great great video! Love how smart Salsa is! :)

plax
07-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Great great video! Love how smart Salsa is! :)Thanks Blanca... I told Sals what you said and he was flattered :). He does seem so human at times. He continues to amaze me more each day!

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Let's hope it doesn't go to his head! LOL! :th_biggrin:

plax
07-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Let's hope it doesn't go to his head! LOL! :th_biggrin:He's already a bit full of himself, I'd say ;). Plus he's more or less the one who gives the orders around here :th_biggrin:

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Not surprising! They are good at giving orders! LOL!

Turquoise
08-02-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm just now getting time to watch these. Salsa is still a cutie. And his voice is more higher pitched than Ruby Jewel's.

She doesn't say a lot yet, she doesn't have the "Everybody wants to hear everything I can say" attitude as my boys do. Her voice is still a deeper more gruff sound. May just be her voice she will have for life.

plax
08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm just now getting time to watch these. Salsa is still a cutie. And his voice is more higher pitched than Ruby Jewel's.Yes, a lot of what he says is in those higher tones with the special inflections that he likes to use. But he can (and does) speak in much lower tones on occasion. He can say "Hello" in about 50 different ways or so. And each one has its own tonal signature.

She doesn't say a lot yet, she doesn't have the "Everybody wants to hear everything I can say" attitude as my boys do. Her voice is still a deeper more gruff sound. May just be her voice she will have for life.Aww, you don't want her to become all arrogant and boisterous like the guys, do you? ;)