PDA

View Full Version : Rosie is scaring my dogs with her "love"

kendrafitz
07-22-2013, 05:55 PM
As well as my GW Rosie. I have two small dogs, yorkie bichon mixes, Bailey and Teddy. I lovingly refer to them as my pet squirrels bc they are so small. (I had wanted a Great Dane but my son wanted Bailey, so needless to say, we got Bailey. 😊)

Now let me preface this by saying the only time the bird and dogs are within touching distance is when I have Rosie on me and the dogs sit near us. Also, Rosie is now almost larger than the dogs.

Rosie has always loved Teddy, who is my sweet, not very sharp boy. He is just the nicest dog I have ever met. Anyway, they wanted to be friends and Rosie kept trying to preen him. Teddy got completely freaked out and now keeps his distance until he forgets and gets preened again.

Bailey is my oldest and my velcro dog. She doesn't need a lot of attention, but she wants some part of her body to be touching yours. She has never had much interest in what she views as the big red noisy monster. She has always kept her distance. But Rosie has been here long enough that Bailey has decided that she wants Mommy time whether Rosie is on me or not. So she will lay down next to us and Rosie wants to preen her. Bailey just looks at me like WHY did you bring this crazy thing home?

So Rosie wants to love the dogs and they want no part of it. They don't growl or bark but just seem bewildered and freaked out and leave. Rosie doesn't get why they don't want her affection. I feel badly for all if them, total species miscommunication.

Hopefully one day they will work it out but I guess I will play referee until then. ;). Just kidding, I will always place myself in between them for safety reasons.

Bailey and Teddy after going to the groomer. Teddy is exhausted by the trauma and Bailey wants the dreaded bow OUT!!

Debra
07-22-2013, 06:11 PM
They are so cute! Poor things just don't understand that she is just showing them some love.

plax
07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Kendra: Imagine if you were the size of Bailey and Teddy and you noticed a huge weapon the relative size of Rosie's beak targeting the surface of your body. Would you trust that gigantic, pointed and sharp tearing and cutting tool to be gentle upon contact? ;)

kendrafitz
07-22-2013, 11:28 PM
You're right Debra. Plus, they see her as the newest invader that gets most of Mommy's attention.

True Plax. My poor Teddy looks completely torn when she comes at him. He wants to be near her, but is scared witless. Rosie has tried to go slowly, and then gets frustrated and just lunges, which then leads to Teddy flying off the couch to get away. Poor things.

Turquoise
07-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Awww Teddy & Bailey are adorable!:th_hug8: I love widdle cute dogs like that.

I can see why the pups are racing away from Rosie. I'd be hightailing it away if I were small & furry against the 'big red monster'. :th_LOL: Poor babies just want Mommy to love them only. I can relate to that.:th_biggrin:

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 10:19 PM
My dog was terrified of Quincy! I think the beak does intimidate & Quincy is much smaller then a GW macaw! LOL! I no longer have a dog, so he has no furry pets to terrorize at the moment. LOL!

Abigal7
01-04-2014, 11:23 PM
My small dog kind of does that. If Captain Jack tries to give him attention or gets too loud Pepe will get up and leave the living room and go into my bedroom. From a outsider view I imagine this might seem funny since Captain Jack is not that big too me.