PDA

View Full Version : Our homes without a Parrot :)

Honesty
07-20-2013, 07:32 PM
This one should go on our wall:)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
07-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I want that one on MY wall!! Actually I want it hanging beside my front door where everyone would see it as they come into my house.

Honesty
07-20-2013, 07:38 PM
I want that one on MY wall!! Actually I want it hanging beside my front door where everyone would see it as they come into my house.Haha, good idea Debra :)

spiritbird
07-20-2013, 08:57 PM
I read in the UK magazine Parrots about all the birds that are stolen from homes only to be sold to the highest bidder! I love the sign but would not put it on my front door. It is really frightening to know low life humans would take a bird from it's home and do such things.

I really do love the sign though. Sorry for the soap box.

Turquoise
07-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I think most of us say things like putting a sign stating our love for our parrots out where others can see it all in good humor Dianne. I know I say things like that all the time. Do I put signs up advertising that my home is invaded by birds? No, I don't have to. Mine make enough noise when they get started that I can hear them out by my mail box & it is by the road.:th_hehe:

Honesty
07-24-2013, 09:20 AM
I think most of us say things like putting a sign stating our love for our parrots out where others can see it all in good humor Dianne. I know I say things like that all the time. Do I put signs up advertising that my home is invaded by birds? No, I don't have to. Mine make enough noise when they get started that I can hear them out by my mail box & it is by the road.:th_hehe:Haha, I know what you mean De'Andrea. I can hear Codie half way down the road. I think he would scare an intruder to death. Who needs a guard dog ? :th_LOL:

Debra
07-24-2013, 12:23 PM
My largest bird is Lucy and I can not only hear her all the way to the road, but I can hear the quakers too! And I don't live that close to the road! I do, however, have a handpainted mail box with Lucy on one side and Frankie on the other. It was a gift from my hubby.

kendrafitz
07-24-2013, 12:28 PM
I am always curious about people stealing birds. At least the big ones. I know Rosie's beak is huge and she has a tendency to lunge at people's she doesn't know. Unless it is a bird who will go to anyone, I would think an intruder would be risking some major damage.

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 10:00 PM
I think a sign outside my door that says "Beware of attack bird" would be much more appropriate at my house! LOL! :th_biggrin:

jules
07-28-2013, 12:37 PM
i'd love this hanging up in my hall way, to go with my parrot rules, i think debra meant inside didn't you? :)

i'm always paranoid about people knowing we have a bird, i have a lace curtain at my window again after teenagers banging on the window and scaring us half to death, in January :(