PDA

View Full Version : Salsa: voices an opinion | makes a request | the request is fulfilled

plax
07-20-2013, 06:17 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
07-20-2013, 06:27 PM
I just love him!! He asked for that apple so nicely.

spiritbird
07-20-2013, 06:30 PM
What a good birdy. Big birds make big messes I guess. Small price to pay for such a wonderful bird.

plax
07-20-2013, 06:36 PM
I just love him!! He asked for that apple so nicely.Thanks :). Yes, Salsa can certainly be polite. But he can also be demanding when he loses his patience ;)

plax
07-20-2013, 06:39 PM
What a good birdy. Big birds make big messes I guess. Small price to pay for such a wonderful bird.Indeed so... I have a BIG mess times 4 here! But they are well worth a thousand big messes to me :th_biggrin:

Honesty
07-20-2013, 06:53 PM
I just love how politely he asked for that and he took it from you so gently too. Maybe Salsa could teach Codie to be more gentle :)

coltfire
07-21-2013, 12:00 AM
he is so cool tony i love his vidieo's

Mare
07-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I need a tee shirt with "I LOVE SALSA" printed on it!

Blancaej
07-27-2013, 09:41 PM
He is so great at communicating!!

plax
07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
He is so great at communicating!!Yeah, he definitely has a way of getting his point across :)

Turquoise
08-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I take it apples are Salsa's favorite fruit! he certainly was enjoying it in the last video.:th_biggrin:

In my house grapes are the favored especially by Ruby Jewel. Grapes are what she seeks out first in her fresh food bowl every morning. Peta, the GCC prefers apples also.

plax
08-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I take it apples are Salsa's favorite fruit! he certainly was enjoying it in the last video.:th_biggrin:

In my house grapes are the favored especially by Ruby Jewel. Grapes are what she seeks out first in her fresh food bowl every morning. Peta, the GCC prefers apples also.Salsa actually likes grapes just as well as apples... maybe even a bit better. But then Salsa likes about everything that's edible ;). I always try to bring home some organic grapes for my guys when I make my grocery runs.

Turquoise
08-03-2013, 05:38 AM
In Abilene there is only one small organic grocery store that carries very little fresh foods. It is chocked full of supplements & all sorts of pills for humans to take. Must be where all the natural organic food went to for them.:th_LOL:

The small towns close to me have no organic foods at all & very little to chose from. I used to go to Abilene anytime I ran out of things, but with the fuel prices so darn high I find myself only going once a month now. And short trips to the small local stores for just what I really need. Ruby Jewel loves grapes so much if I run out or they get too old I make a special trip 16 miles to town to get her fresh ones. :th_hehe:

Ruby Jewel is so cute when I take her off the play perch to go see what I have in her bowls for breakfast. She gets so excited as I carry her to her enclosure telling her she has grapes & noodles or rice. Whichever it might be for that morning. She is turning looking toward her home & makes funny sounds like "Oh", & I think she says "Grapes", it just isn't too clear yet. One day I will get Jerry to video how excited she is as I carry her. I will make a 'Macaw Breakfast' video. :th_biggrin:

ConureGuy
08-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Jinx is all for apples where as georgie is one for pea pods. :th_LOL:

plax
08-03-2013, 07:12 AM
De'Andrea: I know in many areas it's really hard, if not impossible, to find organic produce. I worry about potential cumulative effects from pesticides on any non-organic produce which my birds may consume. I'm sure each of us does what we can according to availability (or lack thereof). I'm fortunate because Safeway stores around here carry a fair supply of certified organic produce. When I get that, some of my concern is alleviated.