PDA

View Full Version : Lets Show A Little Skin~~Inked Skin That Is

Turquoise
07-18-2013, 10:46 AM
OK folks, since most of the country here & oversees is melting in this summer heat, I figured it would be a great time to show off our tattoos.:th_biggrin:

After all we are all wearing the bare minimum in clothing. So unless your tats are in an unmentionable place~~Let's see some skin~~Inked Skin that is!!:th_dancing:

And tell a little about how & why you decided to tat yourself up.

Even tho everyone here has seen mine more times than they would care to again (I do live I a hot *bleep'in* state), I will start this thread off by showing mine one more time. After my son came home from the Army he was into getting piercings and he went to one of the tattoo places to get them. I went with him & and began looking at all the pretty tattoos folks were getting. I had always wanted one, but was apprehensive about how it would feel to get one. I kept waiting for Jory to get the first one & he kept waiting for Mom to get the first one.

Well Mom finally made the plunge and I got my first tat, my buffalo skull. I liked how it looked & decided to get my 2nd one, my Thunderbird for my birthday gift to me that year. I also got Jory his first & only tattoo along with mine as his 21st birthday gift. I wanted his coming of age gift to be something he would never forget & would always have with him for eternity.:th_hug8: That was back in 1998 and both of mine are from pictures I provided that I made as patterns for my beadwork.

My Mom almost had heart failure when she found out I got my 1st tattoo. She told me, "Only ex cons & Hell's Angel's motorcycle riders have tattoos." When she saw my 2nd one she said, "Where are you going to get the next one?" "On your *bleep*?" I told her I hadn't planned on it, but it was my *bleep* & I could if I wanted. I've tried to no avail to get Jerry, my hubby to get my name tattooed across his chest. He is a big guy & my name is long, so it would look really good on there. What can I say, he's is a wimp!!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
07-18-2013, 01:29 PM
I have 1 tattoo which is at the bottom of my back. I had it done 7 years ago while I was on holiday in Cyprus. It was a spur of the moment decision and probably the most impulsive thing I have ever done :) The tattoo parlour was opposite the hotel where I was staying and I looked in their window each day, thinking how much I would love one.

It took about 2 hours and I can honestly say, I was not expecting so much pain :( I can stick any amount of pain, but I have to say, I very nearly walked out half way through having it done lol. The bottom of your back must be a very tender area! However, I stuck it until the bitter end.

I had always wanted one and was really pleased with the result. My eldest daughter has 4 tattoo's and my Son has 2.

The only downfall for me was how my Mum was going to take it. I decided It would be best not to tell her. I figured, as it was at the bottom of my back she would never see it:)
My Daughter Tiegan was 6 at the time and you all know how children give away our little secrets. My Mum had come to visit and we were sitting down having lunch, when suddenly Tiegan said.... " Nannie, Mummy's got a tattoo" Well, at that moment, I wanted the ground to swallow me up lol.. My Mums first reaction was.." I dont think so Tiegan, Mummy would never have a tattoo!! Tiegan looks at me and said.. " Show her Mummy" Well, what could I do but show her:( She was absoulutely horrified, it caused a big row between us and like your Mum De'Andrea my Mum thinks tattoo's are for hells angels and ladies of the night!! She called me "trash" which as you can imagine did not go down well with me at all! Those words have always stuck in my head :( If it had not have been for my Mum, I would have had another one on my shoulder, but I figured it was not worth the hassle:( You would think I was still a child living at home :th_eek:

Well, here is the nasty piece of art on my back that my Mum is so disgusted with LOL.... I like it and I still have a yearning to get another:)

Turquoise
07-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Awesome Wendy!! I love it, it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your tattoo with us. :th_hug8:

And your story is soo soo much like mine & my Mom. Yep, I was not looking forward to telling my Mom, but I knew if I delayed it she would be worse about it. I know what you mean, about it feeling like you were still a child living at home. I was almost 43 & hadn't lived at home for a very long time when I got mine! :th_LOL:

I would love to get something with my macaws as the focal point, but time & money keep me from doing so. My son & I both thought the outlining which most claim hurts worse was not too bad. But, all the shading hurt like you know what! They use more needles at a time to do the shading & it is painful while it is being done.

Rescued
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
LOL, We all have such different experiences. I guess my mom always knew I was going to do it regardless so she was actually very supportive. I was moving out of the country before I turned 18, and I think she wanted to know the place where I got my tattoo was reputable so she signed off on it and even paid for it. I got my first pony's name, Wicked Ways. I get mixed reactions when people see it, but she was my very best friend and now that she is gone, every time I see it it makes me smile and remember her. I have a few others, all with a lot of meaning, but they are on my back, so I cant take pics by myself. I'm so sorry that you all had so many struggles with your parents. My dad was so mad when I got it, but not at me, at my mom because apparently she was amendment that he not have any. The next week he went and got 2!

JLcribber
07-18-2013, 06:54 PM

JadeC
07-18-2013, 11:53 PM
I have six tattoos haha I'm in the military, so tattoos are very acceptable and sought after. I got my first one at 18 and then just kept getting more.
My first one was a set of paw prints that I got to represent my love for all animals. It is on my ankle.
The next one I got was my spirit animal, a cat, but my favorite, a spotted leopard. It is on my hip.
This one I got just because I liked it. Haha It's my favorite and it's my random one. It's on my inner bicep.
This one I got with my mom and my sister as a matching set. Just one we could all agree on and we of course love each other. It's on the front of my pelvic bone, in the crook of my hip.
This tattoo represents my favorite book series, The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. He has a lot of good morals and lessons in there and I just love it. I live my life with those lessons in mind. Love it. It's on my forearm.
The last one I have is my ex-husband's name. Haha I try to hide that one. It's between my shoulder blades, so people notice it. :S

JadeC
07-18-2013, 11:55 PM
It's actually a clouded leopard. Sorry :P

Blancaej
07-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Very nice tattoos everyone. I have considered getting one but my hubby would think I'm crazy. Lol!

I collect M&M collectables so I thought of two M&M characters representing me and my hubby. And just recently I thought my birds in a tattoo would be cool! Not sure it will happen though. Cost, pain and my husband's feelings on the subject have prevented me from moving forward. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
07-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Awesome stories & tats everyone. Thanks for sharing with us Wendy, Elizabeth, John & Jade. :thanks4sharingthumb

Love your tats Jade, especially the one you say you share with your Mom & sister! :th_hug8: And I love the clouded leopard. Snow Leopards have always been one of my favorite big cats along with Canadian Lynx, White Tigers and Cheetahs.

I would love to have a couple of tats on my thighs. One I want is a trail of dog prints leading up to a cloud with a wolf head amongst the clouds to honor all the beloved dogs I have waiting for me on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. The other on the opposite thigh I want is a trail of hooves leading up to a cloud with a unicorn head amongst the clouds to honor the horses I have waiting for me also. It will never happen, but I still dream of having these done.

Elizabeth, I understand the mixed reactions from people. I have had some ask me why I picked the tats I have & why would I want to do that to myself? I try to enlighten them that they are not there to say something to the world about me. Rather they are there to speak to me in a way no one can understand unless you are me.

Blanca, I say go for it!! After all you once said your hubby told you, "No more birds." And look how your feathered family is expanding soon. The pain is not so bad depending where you choose to get a tattoo. The closer to the bone you get one, the more pain. On the shoulder area like mine it is not so bad. And I fear needles such as shots/syringes!!

John, somehow I get the feeling your tat is temporary. Cute idea tho~~ :th_LOL:

Blancaej
07-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the encouragement De'! Maybe one day I will muster up the courage! :th_nervous1:

Honesty
07-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Lovely tattoo's Jade :) Blanca, I also say go for it. Believe me, if I got over my Mum's anger then I am sure your hubby would be a pussycat in comparison :th_hehe:

Turquoise
07-19-2013, 07:42 AM
OK Folks, I just realized aside from John's 'temporary' tattoo, there seems to be missing a large group of 'Species' on here that has not dropped their drawers (so to speak) and fess up to their Tats!

:th_hmmm: Where are the guys? Surely you can't tell me that us gals are tougher than you boys & we are the only ones brave enough to get tattoos & show them?

I know we gals are tougher, but are you guys just gonna' sit there & admit it? :th_LOL:

Come on guys at least one of you must have a tat hidden somewhere on your bod that you can show!!:th_hehe:

Honesty
07-19-2013, 08:17 AM
OK Folks, I just realized aside from John's 'temporary' tattoo, there seems to be missing a large group of 'Species' on here that has not dropped their drawers (so to speak) and fess up to their Tats!

:th_hmmm: Where are the guys? Surely you can't tell me that us gals are tougher than you boys & we are the only ones brave enough to get tattoos & show them?

I know we gals are tougher, but are you guys just gonna' sit there & admit it? :th_LOL:

Come on guys at least one of you must have a tat hidden somewhere on your bod that you can show!!:th_hehe::ROFLMAODog:

JadeC
07-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone :) And naturally the guys should admit we're tougher. Haha

JLcribber
07-19-2013, 03:25 PM
John, somehow I get the feeling your tat is temporary. Cute idea tho~~ :th_LOL:

And I quote :th_chickendance:

Let's see some skin~~Inked Skin that is!!:th_dancing:

Honesty
07-19-2013, 03:43 PM
And I quote :th_chickendance::ROFLMAODog:

Blancaej
07-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Lovely tattoo's Jade :) Blanca, I also say go for it. Believe me, if I got over my Mum's anger then I am sure your hubby would be a pussycat in comparison :th_hehe:

My hubby is a softy when it comes down to it. LOL! But the pain and expense are the other two factors that keep me from doing it. Like I said to De', maybe one day I will get up the muster to do it. But I appreciate the encouragement from both of you! :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
07-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Heres my Tattoo !! At first when I saw this thread [I thought how am I going to do that ;)]But I see Wendy [jumped to it] ;) And Wendy mine hurt like Hell!!! I thought Ive had 2 kids ,broken ribs [this cant be anything]. I got this before I knew [I had this bird illness LOL] . Because of course this would be birds instead! I would like to get birds that go from my hip to over the side of my ribs. But I haven't seen what Im looking for yet, and of course I will have to be knocked out to do it.:) So tonight Im telling Dave guess what your taking a picture of. This of course is after waching me run around the house trying to get bird wing shots :) Hes like what do you think you will be doing next [Ha Ha ] [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Honesty
07-20-2013, 07:20 AM
I love it Terri :) My thoughts while I was having it done were " I have had 3 children and the pain was not as bad " LOL I am glad you agree with me on that:)

I got my daughter to take the photo for me.

Turquoise
07-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Love your tat Terri & I do appreciate your efforts to get a photo of it & the wing shots. :th_biggrin:

Tell your hubby with a crazy person like me thinking up stuff on here it is no telling what I will make a thread about next!:th_shocking:

John~~You are Da' Man!! Your the only one who stepped up to the plate to show us your tat. Even if there wasn't much pain involved. :th_loltears:

I didn't get my tats where you & Wendy got ya'lls, but I only had one child & I can tell you my tat did not hurt nearly as much as that kid did! I'd go through a thousand tattoos before I'd go through having another featherless kid!!:th_faint:

Blancaej
07-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Love your tat Terri!

Pinkbirdy
07-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Can anyone draw bird tattoos ?

gemini_84
07-20-2013, 10:07 PM
i had always wanted to get a tatoo, i had done the whole peircing thing (8 per ear (only 2 now), nose (gone), tongue (gone), navel and most recently my labret (all much to my fathers disgust). But at the time i was dating a guy with a very uptight family who couldnt even stand piercings and my grandfather had told me that if i got a tat i would no longer get any more presents.
i had designed the tat i wanted and spent ages trying to work out where on earth i could put it that was easily hidden, then a couple if days after my sister had turned 18 she came home with a butterfly tat on the front of her hip. well that was it, i thought perfect, i dont wear low riding pants and igo swimming i wear shorts so it wont be seen. i was 20

it wasnt until about 3yrs later when i was at my sister inlaws on easter that i was busted. I had to work that day, so after work i rode my motorbike (which they also disapproved of) to their place. My leathers were a bit big for me and when i detatched my jacket from my pants they dropped a bit and my partners cousin was standing right there, pointed at my tat and quite loudly asked if it was real. Of course i was given the 3rd degree as to what she was talking about by the sisters and boy were they disgusted.

here is my first tat, i love the night sky and tribal patterns... hence the cresent moon and a tribal style cloud behind it. Sorry its not a very good pic.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

my next is a pink ribbon for breast cancer research. i was hosting a girls night in fundraising party at the cafe i worked at. this cafe's clientel was majority motorcycle riders. 1 of my customers owned a tatoo parlor near by and offered to attend the party and for a donation to one of the breast cancer charities he would do a oink ribbon tat for the girls. I had just recently found out my mum had stage 4 cervical cancer (she is fine now)and that the pink ribbon foundation also raised money gyneocological cancers aswell, so for me it was a no brainer for me, it was the reason i was hosting the party anyhow.

this one is on my wrist, the pink has faded a bit over the 5 years, to much sun exposure. before i had it done i informed my grandfather who still didnt know about my first i was having this done, but although he didnt like the idea of me marking my skin, was ok with it.... i then told him about my other and he was shocked.
i plan on having it re coloured and have "MUM" tattooed on it.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

and this is my next one, it represents my love for my future husband and will go on the back of my neck so if need be it can be covered by my hair.

Honesty
07-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Lovely tats Amanda :)

I love the flower for your next one!

Blancaej
07-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Very nice. Thanks for sharing the story behind them as well. Sorry to hear about your Mum. :(

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Ok i got this first one when i was 16 there is no story behind it i got it because i is nice :)

The second one is my name initials you will know the story when you see the third one and what it means to me.

Ok as i said you will know the story to the reason behind this one is because my grandma passed away a few years ago and she ment the world to me as i did to her having this on the other side of my neck makes me feel like she is still side by side with me at all times and i miss her every single day she was a star and would do anything for anyone. :D

I also have my dads name on me aswell as my mams but couldn't be bothered to take anymore pictures i do have a few others but there now't special lol.

Honesty
07-22-2013, 09:27 PM
:thanks4sharingthumbPaul. Sorry about your Grandma.

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Your welcome and it's fine i know she's still with me somewhere in the house. :th_LOL:

Turquoise
07-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Awesome tats Amanda & Paul!!! Thanks for showing them & the stories behind each one!:th_hug8:

Amanda, I love your tats! And that is such a touching gesture you did for your Mom. So glad to hear she is fine now. The tat you will be getting that represents your love for your future husband is gorgeous Amanda. You will have to show us a photo of it once you get it.:th_biggrin:

Paul that is equally a touching gesture to & for your Grandmother. I so understand what it means to you. Also you are the only guy who has been brave enough to show us gals your not afraid to get tatted up! I was beginning to think 'The Sisterhood' was going to reign supreme over the tattoo thread! :th_LOL:

Thank everyone for allowing us to share in what each of your tattoos mean to you. As I said earlier & have tried to explain to folks who can't see why we wear our tats so proudly, they speak so much more to us than about us. Most tats have a very special & personal meaning or story behind them and it is a way for us to carry that story with us through all eternity.

Terri, I can't draw tattoos, so I can't help you any, sorry. The two I have I gave the tattoo artist a copy of them from my graph paper I used for my bead work patterns. He took that & drew out the way it would look as a tattoo. I liked how he made them look, saw some of his excellent past work & decided to trust he would do a great job for me.

jacksmom
09-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Honesty - reading your post made me realize that I have been being pretty silly about not putting a tattoo on the "small" or "bottom" of my back...growing up, we always referred to bottom of back tattoos as "tramp stamps". Because of your mom's silly reaction to your tattoo, I realized I was letting this term deter me from getting one there, though apparently it is fine for me to get these...and why yes, those ARE rubber duckie footy pajamas, thank you for noticing! :D. Yup, 32 and still wearing rubber duckie footie pajamas...I have Eeyore and Spongebob and Garfield also, make fun all you like! :)

Thank you, Honesty...your story has made me just not care WHAT my peers may think about WHERE I get my next tat...I always thought a pretty design with a small pic there looks very pretty! And I just DARE them to treat me like a "lady of the night"! They would be regretting it in short order if they would try anything like that! :)

Blancaej
09-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Paul - It is clear you had a wonderful relationship with your grandmother! Glad you have honored her with such a nice tattoo!

Jacksmom - love the jammies! I would definitely wear those except for the fact I get to warm when I sleep! LOL! Nice tats, too!