PDA

View Full Version : Rosie playing

Copper
04-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Rosie has been so happy lately, almost everyday she hangs upside down in her cage and screams in delight. Lately she's been doing it when I'm downstairs, but I can tell by how she sounds that she is having so much fun. In galahs this is called celebration screaming and just means they are happy. They also tend to do it more in breeding season, which it is right now. Everyday I look at Rosie and she fills me with joy, she is so amazing :)

I didn't get the video of her screaming today, but when she was she was swinging all around with her wings open, at one point hanging by one foot!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Here is a older video of her hanging up side down screaming for a second, she gets distracted by my phone lol Today she was even more animated.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
04-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Brilliant video's Ashley:) Rosie sounds very happy.

Wendy K.
04-15-2013, 09:51 PM
AWESOME videos, Ashley, I'm smiles from one ear to the next - NO kidding!

Rosie is just having SO much fun! What a happy birdy lady!

AND, I have to tell you this: Rosie is THE most beautiful Galah, I have EVER seen! I'm not making that up. My GF has 2 Galahs (a boy and a girl, both around 1 year), and neither one of them is as brightly colored as Rosie!

For the longest time I thought you were somehow enhancing her rose colored breast. Please forgive me for EVER even thinking that, because these videos CLEARLY show just how magnificent she truly is.

:th_wow:

Copper
04-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks Wendy :D I bet a lot of people thought I might of manipulated the photos more than just simple editing.

Her color really is beautiful, but it might not stay like that. When I got her the pink feathers were true red, this was from her being very unhealthy. Her feathers have improved soooo much and there may be more improving to do. This upcoming molt should tell me if she is a true dark morph or not. I don't care either way, in fact, if she is a normal morph it will only make her transformation even more amazing.

This photo shows when she was red and her feathers were nasty

this is a photo showing a normal(eastern) morph with a true dark morph, this breeder had a pair of dark morph galahs and confirmed that the color is genetic and stays after the first molt.

Wendy K.
04-15-2013, 10:32 PM
I just learned something new. :) Thank you for that!!!

Before my GF got her Galahs, she asked to see pictures of the parents, and she then emailed me those pictures. They looked like those Galahs in your second photo. But my GFs Galahs STILL look nothing like that. They are very pale in comparison. :23_11_52:

Copper
04-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Here's a photo were I did enhance her color, but I did this simply for the beauty of the image :)
I also turned her gray feathers into black and white so all the discoloration didn't show.

Copper
04-15-2013, 10:34 PM
I just learned something new. :) Thank you for that!!!

Before my GF got her Galahs, she asked to see pictures of the parents, and she then emailed me those pictures. They looked like those Galahs in your second photo. But my GFs Galahs STILL look nothing like that. They are very pale in comparison. :23_11_52:

If one parent is light and one is dark maybe the dark gene is recessive? Or possibly only a 50% chance of being dark?

Wendy K.
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
If one parent is light and one is dark maybe the dark gene is recessive? Or possibly only a 50% chance of being dark?

Gosh, I have NO clue, honestly. :( But I am now more convinced than ever that the breeder of my GF's Galahs enhanced his images.

buddingtwigs
04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Rosie is so cute. Birds can look so magnificent and larger than life, and then when i see them playing, i think 'a[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] she looks like such a silly baby'. :)

gemini_84
04-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Rosie is beautiful, watching her playing like that just bought the biggest smile to my face. Can ask, what is that hanging in the middle of the cage? it looks like something prince would enjoy, he lives clumbing

Copper
04-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Rosie is beautiful, watching her playing like that just bought the biggest smile to my face. Can ask, what is that hanging in the middle of the cage? it looks like something prince would enjoy, he lives clumbing
It's a toy I bought at a local pet store. It's a sea grass mat tied into a circle with sisal, stuffed with this grassy stuff, and topped with a coconut for hanging. It has a chunk of straw grass hanging out if the bottom that Rosie loves to preen. When I bought it it also had a couple cotton ropes with wood on them but I cut them off.

It is probably easy made :)

LoveMyParrots
04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]! Rosie, you are just too cute and beautiful!!! Lovely videos Ashley!! :)