PDA

View Full Version : Codie screaming at my Daughter!

Honesty
07-11-2013, 04:09 PM
I have made a short recording of Codie screaming when he sees my Daughter Tiegan. This is how he reacts everytime she comes into view. He will not stop until she goes. Bear in mind that this recording was done from the next room, so you can imagine how loud it is in the same room as him. You will notice it goes quiet in the middle of it, this is due to Tiegan going out of his view.When you hear him start up again, this is her coming back.Tiegan nearly has a nervous breakdown when he starts LOL

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

plax
07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Wow, it's amazing that he seems to dislike her to that extent. He sounds a bit like a human child who's experiencing some sort of physical pain.

Honesty
07-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Wow, it's amazing that he seems to dislike her to that extent. He sounds a bit like a human child who's experiencing some sort of physical pain.I have no idea why he dislikes her so much. The screaming is instant as soon as he sees her :(
You are right he does sound like a child in pain!

spiritbird
07-11-2013, 08:35 PM
I was also thinking it sounds like a human scream. He is loud for sure.

ShellyBorg
07-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Have you had him from a young age or is he a rehome.

Honesty
07-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Have you had him from a young age or is he a rehome.I have had him since he was 11 weeks old Shelly. He will be 2 in September. Maybe he is going through the terrible two's like a child does!

Debra
07-11-2013, 08:55 PM
That's crazy! He sounds just like someone in pain. And talk about loud. Wow!

ShellyBorg
07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
He sounds like my zon when he sees my Best Friend! I think its just terrible 2's in my case 5's. We ended up having Bruce stand by the cage and offering he fav noms! It is amazing what a box of frozen waffles will do with a birds attitudes. Now when he sees him its happy wing flapping screams of WAFFLES!!! I am starting to think Amazons don't do anything "quietly" ...

Honesty
07-11-2013, 09:53 PM
He sounds like my zon when he sees my Best Friend! I think its just terrible 2's in my case 5's. We ended up having Bruce stand by the cage and offering he fav noms! It is amazing what a box of frozen waffles will do with a birds attitudes. Now when he sees him its happy wing flapping screams of WAFFLES!!! I am starting to think Amazons don't do anything "quietly" ...I think you are right Shelly.They just love to be noisy.

Honesty
07-11-2013, 09:54 PM
That's crazy! He sounds just like someone in pain. And talk about loud. Wow!Yes, he is loud Debra and that was me recording him from the next room, so you can imagine how loud it is in the same room lol

Blancaej
07-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Wow that is loud! Hopefully he will get over that soon. I'm sure Some treats from your daughter may help. :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

gemini_84
07-12-2013, 01:01 AM
awww that poor birdy sounds like some one is strangling him. i wish i had filmed the 3 amigos whilst i listened to that, their reaction was priceless....looking around desperatley for the troubled bird

Mare
07-12-2013, 03:35 AM
What would Codie do if your daughter walked up to his cage?, (with earplugs in, of coarse), would he become aggressive and lunge at her?

Honesty
07-12-2013, 07:20 AM
What would Codie do if your daughter walked up to his cage?, (with earplugs in, of coarse), would he become aggressive and lunge at her?The strange thing is, if she walks up to his cage, he stops screaming. He doesn't lunge at her. If she offers him a treat, he snatches it from her and throws it on the floor.:(

Honesty
07-12-2013, 07:21 AM
awww that poor birdy sounds like some one is strangling him. i wish i had filmed the 3 amigos whilst i listened to that, their reaction was priceless....looking around desperatley for the troubled birdLOL, you will have to play it again and record your 3 Amigo's.

ShellyBorg
07-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Danny did the same thing in the beginning. We almost had to put his chair next to the cage so we could talk when he was living with us. The biggest thing we did was NOt let him chase Bruce out of the room. When he starts to yell now when some one he is not sure of comes over I take him out of his cage and put him on my lap. He is not happy, would much prefer to yell from his cage, but I just kind of ignore him and go about my visit.

Turquoise
07-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Is Tiegan the only one Codie screams at like that? I'm thinking he may be jealous of her. I'm sure he sees & knows you interact with her, maybe he is screaming at her as a rival.

I truly have no idea, I just know my birds are jealous and don't want Jerry around me. Sometimes one will scream at him, other times they will lunge at him trying to connect.

Honesty
07-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Is Tiegan the only one Codie screams at like that? I'm thinking he may be jealous of her. I'm sure he sees & knows you interact with her, maybe he is screaming at her as a rival.

I truly have no idea, I just know my birds are jealous and don't want Jerry around me. Sometimes one will scream at him, other times they will lunge at him trying to connect.Yes, Tiegan is the only one he screams at like this. You could be right De'Andrea in saying that he is jealous of my relationship with Tiegan.
The only other time he screams like this is when I go out of his sight, but as soon as he sees me again, he stops.

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
I don't know who to feel more sorry for your daughter or codie :th_LOL: