PDA

View Full Version : i think they flew the coop

gemini_84
07-10-2013, 10:51 PM
so i have been feeling a bit like the odd one out of late:th_crycry: it seems i am the only currently active member that belongs to an alexandrine.
i just went through all the posts in the alex section and all bar 2 were started by me.

where did my fellow alex owners go?

well the other whilst i was on face book i came across a page dedicated entirely to australian alexandrine owners:th_yah::th_dancing: so of course in hope to encourage a few more alex owned members i posted a link to this site.

my fingers are crossed a few take up the invitation to join, because the alex section is kinda lonely

P.S. although i may feel slightly lonely in the alex section, all you guys are still great company. it just seems that not many of you know much about alex's and i wish you all to see what beautiful amazing creatures they are and that the 3 amigos are not just an exception to the stereo type that "alexs arent sweet cuddly"

:th_hug8::th_hug8::th_hug8: to all you amazing parronts and your beautiful fids

Pinkbirdy
07-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Im sorry Amanda ,I know how you feel . I have such great birds [and some I don't talk about so much] . Cause I don't see similar owners to chit chat with.

Blancaej
07-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Amanda - I am not an Alexandrine owner now, but I have to tell you that because of your stories and pictures, I have become interested! Your birds are so beautiful and I have fallen in love with the breed thanks to you. If I am ever able to adopt another smaller bird, I hope it can be an Alexandrine one day. Thanks for helping me discover them! I continue to enjoy seeing and learning more about your 3 amigos! :D

coltfire
07-11-2013, 03:32 AM
There was an Alex owner on last night but were not on.

gemini_84
07-11-2013, 04:15 AM
Amanda - I am not an Alexandrine owner now, but I have to tell you that because of your stories and pictures, I have become interested! Your birds are so beautiful and I have fallen in love with the breed thanks to you. If I am ever able to adopt another smaller bird, I hope it can be an Alexandrine one day. Thanks for helping me discover them! I continue to enjoy seeing and learning more about your 3 amigos! :D

you wont be sorry

JadeC
07-11-2013, 04:58 AM
That's how I feel about the caique thread!!! Haha They're all started by me :S

coltfire
07-11-2013, 05:08 AM
in time people we will have more people in each thread as long as we all spread the word, word of mouth will get lots more members more members more birds. if Tony does not mind maybe we should all ask our local bird shop if we could put the website up on there notice boards in shop. im sure that would attract some new members.

Turquoise
07-11-2013, 06:48 AM
I too like Blanca am very interested in maybe getting an Alex in the future. I am not ready for any new additions at this time, but in another year I may look into what I really want to add.

Your photos & threads about your Three Amigos have peaked my interest for sure Amanda! :th_hug8: I do hope you have success in getting a few Alex owners to come over. I love hearing about them, but at least we are able to share yours.:th_biggrin:

plax
07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Amanda - Please keep in mind that this forum site is only 3 months old (it launched publicly on 11 April). Also be mindful that with any social messaging system that serves a special interest there are going to be dropouts here and there on a continual basis. And that's especially true with new message boards that have just begun building member bases, since members interested in particular categories may decide to give up if they're feeling alone (like you) and thus miss future members who share their specific interests. But I have to say that it bothers me too whenever I notice that a member has seemingly faded away from posting here :(. I simply acknowledge to myself that it happens everywhere. So I think one of the best things each of us can do is continue working toward gaining new members, as you are doing ... and BTW, thanks kindly for your support, Amanda :).

As for Alex's, I have always loved their appearance! Their faces are just adorable and you have nicely demonstrated that they possess amazing personalities to go with those awesome faces :D. I'm sure that I would enjoy having an Alex in my flock! I only wish I had some more room here :(.

gemini_84
07-11-2013, 09:16 PM
thanks all. to be honest they are beautiful birds and i dont believe any one would be sorry to get one. they truly are a big bird trapped in a little body.

tony, i truly understand that this is a new site and that we are slowly building new members and i myself am trying to assist. this was in no way aimed at the site, just me feeling a bit lonely, but its not just here, they have even dropped off on the other.

i love this site, it s fun warm freindly and very welcoming.

Honesty
07-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Thank you for posting the link to our site Amanda :) I hope some of your Alex friends join to keep you company :) We appreciate your support :)

Steve, you are very welcome to put the link to our forum on your local shops notice board.