PDA

View Full Version : My Sons Baby Gecko Lizard.

Honesty
07-10-2013, 05:12 PM
I spent all day yesterday touring around with my Son Daniel to help him find a baby gecko lizard. We eventually found one :) He purchased the complete set up. Here are a couple of pics. He has named him "TimTam" He is very cute:)

This is his tank.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

If you look closely on this one you can see him on a leaf.

TimTam himself :)

kendrafitz
07-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Is that a leopard gecko? I love them, very sweet natured. I had one years ago and she was a doll. Congrats to your son!

Honesty
07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
It could well be a leopard gecko Kendra. I am not 100% sure. He is sooo cute though :)

plax
07-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Hey Wendy, neat Gecko! I had to look twice at the middle photo because TimTam's head in the image resembles the reflection of an index finger with a long fingernail. It reminds me of one of those ambiguous images that someone has purposely created. I believe the hand part is indeed a reflection of the particular hand that snapped the photo. It's interesting how it came out like that :D

Honesty
07-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey Wendy, neat Gecko! I had to look twice at the middle photo because TimTam's head in the image resembles the reflection of an index finger with a long fingernail. It reminds me of one of those ambiguous images that someone has purposely created. I believe the hand part is indeed a reflection of the particular hand that snapped the photo. It's interesting how it came out like that :D:th_toofunny: Your right Tony, I think it is the reflection of Lexi's finger. You can just about see TimTams head.

Blancaej
07-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Very cute! Glad you shared that with us.

coltfire
07-10-2013, 10:51 PM
very cute and its a leopard or an Asian house gecko , what a great set up , what are the diamentions of it, it looks like it would house a snake very nicely

mrgoogls
07-11-2013, 12:00 AM
that is not a leopard gecko. im 90% certain. and if it was that isn't the best setup. they are a desert gecko :) congrats though!

Honesty
07-11-2013, 12:49 PM
very cute and its a leopard or an Asian house gecko , what a great set up , what are the diamentions of it, it looks like it would house a snake very nicelyThe tank is 30 inches wide X 36 inches high. I really have to draw the line at a snake LOL

mrgoogls
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
The tank is 30 inches wide X 36 inches high. I really have to draw the line at a snake LOL

aw why? snakes are so cute! haha. I love my snake!! but anyways, I can understand. a lot of my family is terrified of snakes!!!

Honesty
07-11-2013, 08:09 PM
aw why? snakes are so cute! haha. I love my snake!! but anyways, I can understand. a lot of my family is terrified of snakes!!!:th_LOL:I could never describe a snake as cute. I am also terrified of them.

plax
07-11-2013, 11:28 PM
:th_LOL:I could never describe a snake as cute. I am also terrified of them.I've never had a fear of snakes. I've had many and have always enjoyed them. The only thing I don't much care for is feeding them live food :(.

mrgoogls
07-12-2013, 04:43 AM
I've never had a fear of snakes. I've had many and have always enjoyed them. The only thing I don't much care for is feeding them live food :(.

I never had a fear either. I don't feed mine live. not only cuz its kinda cruel. the snake could also get bit

Honesty
07-12-2013, 07:15 AM
I've never had a fear of snakes. I've had many and have always enjoyed them. The only thing I don't much care for is feeding them live food :(.The thought of having a snake slithering around my house horrifies me :th_LOL:

Honesty
07-12-2013, 07:39 AM
I never had a fear either. I don't feed mine live. not only cuz its kinda cruel. the snake could also get bitI dont think there is any danger of them getting bitten Kenny. They eat live food in the wild! :friendly_wink:

Debra
07-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I can't do snakes either. We had one come up and slither into our window air conditioner unit while I was watching one day. I sat petrified until my hubby could get home and remove it. It was a baby snake at that. lol.

That gecko is so cute!

Honesty
07-12-2013, 02:14 PM
I can't do snakes either. We had one come up and slither into our window air conditioner unit while I was watching one day. I sat petrified until my hubby could get home and remove it. It was a baby snake at that. lol.

That gecko is so cute!I would have been the same as you Debra and sat rooted to the spot LOL

Tiegan wants a Gecko too :th_eek:

Maddy
07-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Oh my gosh, he is SO cute! :th_heart:

plax
07-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm unable to relate to the fear many have of non-venomous snakes. All of the smaller ones are virtually harmless. If they should happen to bite you -and many of them won't even try- the result is much like a few small needle pricks, nothing more. I'd much rather get bitten by a smaller snake than stung by a bee or a wasp. I think snakes get a bad rap :(

Honesty
07-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm unable to relate to the fear many have of non-venomous snakes. All of the smaller ones are virtually harmless. If they should happen to bite you -and many of them won't even try- the result is much like a few small needle pricks, nothing more. I'd much rather get bitten by a smaller snake than stung by a bee or a wasp. I think snakes get a bad rap :(Its just the thought of them slithering about and wrapping themselves around you :th_shocking:

plax
07-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Its just the thought of them slithering about and wrapping themselves around you :th_shocking:I don't get it. They're simply like long lizards without legs. They're actually quite graceful.

Honesty
07-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't get it. They're simply like long lizards without legs. They're actually quite graceful.No, definitely not like a lizard. I am not quite sure I could class them as graceful :th_LOL:

plax
07-12-2013, 09:07 PM
No, definitely not like a lizard. I am not quite sure I could class them as graceful :th_LOL:I more or less have to disagree with you. Snakes certainly have more ribs and longer bodies than most lizards... and they do move differently. But they also have scales and are elongated reptiles like lizards... and they ARE very graceful animals!

I'd be far more afraid to pick up a wild mouse than I would a small wild non-venomous snake. And picking up the mouse would be a considerably more dangerous thing to do. Many snakes are really nice little animals.

I think lots of folks have an exaggerated fear of snakes simply because society tells them (from a very young age) that snakes are "evil" and should be feared. That's a shame, really. Not to mention pure falsehood.

Honesty
07-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I know alot of people have them.

I am not overly keen on mice either. I have been bitten by a couple and did not like it very much at all:(

Turquoise
07-16-2013, 05:24 AM
Really cute lizard Daniel has. Love the setup also, it should love living in there.:th_hug8:

Lizards are very nice little critters to keep. I have had lizards of various kinds over the years. Usually they are very easy keepers. :th_biggrin:

Honesty
07-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Yes, its very cute. Tiegan is saving up to buy one now :)

Macawfancy
07-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Your son's Gecko is cute, good for you for spending time with Daniel to find one, years ago my son brought home a box turtle from "somewhere" and just let him just roam his bedroom before I knew he even wanted one; yikes!

Honesty
07-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Your son's Gecko is cute, good for you for spending time with Daniel to find one, years ago my son brought home a box turtle from "somewhere" and just let him just roam his bedroom before I knew he even wanted one; yikes!LOl Joyce. My daughter wants one now!