PDA

View Full Version : what to do, what to do

coltfire
07-09-2013, 02:25 AM
well as i have posted i brought 8 new birds on the weekend, well the two tiels i brought , i was told they were aviary birds , well i just went out side to hear what i thought was one of the lorries talking and wolf whistling but thought that sounds wrong voice so go down to find out its one of the tiels, so my problem now is , it must have been a pet, so what do i do, it has paired up with a female but they are in the aviary, do i take him out and give him the attention he must have had or do i leave him in the aviary.
this is Jack who is now with Jill what do i do.:th_hmmm:

gemini_84
07-09-2013, 02:34 AM
:th_hmmm: why not do both? you could leave him living in the aviary with jill seeing how they have paired up, but take him out for 1 on 1 time daily, and play with him when working within the aviary

coltfire
07-09-2013, 02:52 AM
unfortunately it does not work like that, if i was the 1st owner i could do it but i have to take him out and spend the time or let him revert back, he will still talk just wont be able to handle him, and im in two minds ATM as he is a very nice looking bird and teils are so much fun. the grey you can see on the wing is like a strip, he has them on both wings ill get a better shot of him, that pic doe s not do him justice.

gemini_84
07-09-2013, 02:57 AM
its quite the predicament.... if you take him out jill will be sad, if you leave him in he could be sad..... im outta ideas.....good luck

ShellyBorg
07-09-2013, 03:28 AM
I would enjoy a talking aviary bird, he will teach the others.

Turquoise
07-09-2013, 04:06 AM
I think he will be happy to have a mate & stay as an aviary bird since Jill has picked him. He will now be doing what he was born to do naturally if he had been born free. I personally think once they find their mate, they aren't as sad to not have human contact as one that would be alone in an aviary and has no human to love either.

That is just how I feel about it as they seem to devote most of their love toward their mate & babies once they come along. You will just have a sweet singing/talking/whistling tiel & maybe the rest will catch on to it too.:th_biggrin:

coltfire
07-09-2013, 05:07 AM
i think i will leave him in there, as if i take him out it will interfere with time needed for the new one or two(CAG, B&G), as for teaching the others there are a few down there that talk already, the lorri(lokki) who talks up a storm, as well as a few budgies and one other teil, lokki is so polite when ever i put food in he always with out fail says thank you over and over until i say your welcome.

Blancaej
07-14-2013, 12:31 AM
I agree, I think you should leave him in the aviary. Good choice! :th_biggrin: