PDA

View Full Version : Nice Little Buck

Carefree Birdee
07-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Since I don't have any Parrots to take pics of yet I will share a photo of this nice little Buck we saw the other night in our yard around 9pm. We often see Does grazing through but were pleased to have this young Buck come around. The photo is not good since I had to take it through the window without a flash.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
07-08-2013, 07:56 PM
That pic came out pretty good considering you have taken it through the window:)

Debra
07-08-2013, 08:24 PM
What a beauty!

coltfire
07-08-2013, 08:30 PM
that's a gr8 shot though the window, i would love to have doe's and bucks come on the property, the best i get is kangaroo's and wallaby's, and they are not special over here still nice tho.

spiritbird
07-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Love the photo. I think feeding stations for the deer are good watching spots. They love cracked corn, of course it would have to be posted for no hunting. Thanks for showing us.

The feeding station I had in Wisconsin was a place for the same family of deer each year. They knew us and we knew them.

Turquoise
07-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Love the photo of the buck. Thanks Carrie for sharing with us. :th_biggrin: I love to see them I just wished they would stay away from the highways.

We have whitetail deer all around us, but about the only time I see them is when they are darting across the road in front of me & I have to do some fancy dodge driving to keep from hitting them. Hubby wasn't so lucky coming back from work in the fall of '09. I was not with him or I would have been driving in the morning & would have seen the deer. So far hubby & our V.W. Beetle has a record of 1 deer, 2 wild pigs. Our other Beetle before this one got the worst of it when hubby ran over a full grown dead wild hog in the road in '07 coming home from work in the morning. Again I was not with him. It cost the insurance co. over $4,000.00 to fix that one!

Debra
07-09-2013, 01:16 PM
One morning on my way to work, a deer and I collided. Funny thing is that the deer hit my car and not the other way around. He hit me in the front fender by the door. He wasn't hurt (probably had sore knees though), but I couldn't open my front door on the passenger side.

Carefree Birdee
07-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys. I wish I had a newer camera my digital is over 10 years old now. I don't have a smartphone but I hear they take the best pics?

We too have to be very careful driving out here in the countryside. There are so many deer around the roads. The ones that hang around our area are getting used to seeing our minivan driving in and out of the driveway. They don't even run away anymore. I guess they consider us part of the landscape now. :)

Mare
07-12-2013, 05:00 AM
A beautiful pic! My daughter was heading back to her home one night last fall and one ran out in front of her car, she was only going around 25mph, thankfully not faster, the deer ran off but the front of her car still needs to have the hood replaced. My husband has a story, several years ago he was driving at night, going at least 65 and a deer came running from the side of his vision towards his truck and leapt OVER the truck, good job deer! They are such beautiful animals and it breaks my heart to see them get hit by cars and that is why I drive very slowly and cautiously at night on our roads.

Blancaej
07-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Nice shot! Especially through a window. Thanks for sharing!

aliray
07-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Great photo. Thanks for posting