PDA

View Full Version : A Disturbing Video

spiritbird
07-03-2013, 04:09 PM
There is a video on AA that is disturbing at least to watch. It shows the end result of a Macaw who was fed a bad diet for almost 20 years. This video was posted to show everyone what can happen later on in a birds life if you do not feed them what they require to maintain health and vitality. It is called Tanya asked me to post this video......................

I hope posting this here is not an issue. I will delete if asked. No video posted here as you would have to see it on AA. If you do see it please let me know what you think.

Honesty
07-03-2013, 04:40 PM
I have just watched it Dianne! That was just so upsetting. I dont think I have ever seen anything so sad. I have a lump in my throat. I only watched half of it:(

coltfire
07-03-2013, 04:54 PM
that poor bird, thats what happens when people dont do research on there bird and just think he'll be right he' s eating , if people cant do the research and feed the proper food why own a bird , why put it through all that pain, sorry i dont like seeing birds go through things they should never have to

Blancaej
07-03-2013, 04:54 PM
I don't see the video. Has it been removed?

Honesty
07-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't see the video. Has it been removed?Its not on here Blanca, its on another forum. You have to look at it there!

spiritbird
07-03-2013, 05:35 PM
This video is posted on You Tube for anyone to see should they choose.

Blancaej
07-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks Dianne.

plax
07-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I personally was not able to watch the video. It's just too painful for me :(. I'm unsure why, but in many cases I tend to be more disturbed by parrots suffering than by people suffering - although I am disturbed by people suffering as well. Another factor is that I find this particular case too close to home, since Gracie reminds me so much of Salsa :(

ShellyBorg
07-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I hope people do watch this video. I will be showing it to my bird club members who for years have been feeding seed only diets to there birds because its "good enough" and the bird is in "good feather"

spiritbird
07-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Tony Have you posted the story of Salsa on the forum? I would love to read it, thanks.

Debra
07-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Yeah, some of us (like me) don't know the story. I'd like to know it.

plax
07-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Tony Have you posted the story of Salsa on the forum? I would love to read it, thanks.The story of Salsa in what regard? Thankfully he has never suffered from illness. I only meant that by watching Gracie struggling during her last moments of life it would be impossible for me not to imagine Salsa in the same state since he is a GW as well. Watching the video would be very difficult for me.

spiritbird
07-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Oh I thought there was a rescue story with your Salsa. sorry

plax
07-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Oh I thought there was a rescue story with your Salsa. sorryWell, I have him because his mom, who happened to be a very dear friend of mine, passed away in May of 2012 from a brain hemorrhage. In the event that anything ever happened to her she wanted me to be there for Sals. Very sadly, that became necessary. Both Salsa and I miss Terrie more than can be expressed :(

Blackhawk007
07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
This is very difficult to watch. I agree that it is very sad. But if that bird had to go through that, then I feel that humans need to watch it and learn from that pain. For us to observe what she went through is nothing compared to the suffering and pain she was put through.

Though Jenna and I work very hard to make sure our little ones are fed well, this video increases my drive to do better. Because we can always do better for them. We have only had them for a short time. In that time we have learned that the happier and healthier they are, the more enjoyable it is for all of us. The most difficult part is discovering what is most appropriate for them. When that work has been done, actually applying what has been learned is quite easy. With enough work it can even be done right and cheap! Forums like this one make is very easy to discover what is right and wrong. If you're reading this then you're already off to a great start.

Please do not lock a wild animal in your home unless you're going to do the work to allow them to thrive and be happy with you there. Anything else is just selfish cruelty.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

spiritbird
07-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Your soapbox is very appreciated and so so true.