PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful, Sweet Harlequin Macaw

kendrafitz
07-03-2013, 12:25 AM
I went to Bird Paradise in Burlington, NJ today to get Rosie some food and visit the birds. They had the most beautiful harlequin macaw there on consignment. She is two years old and her family is moving across the country and can't take her. Her name is Quinn and she has been there for about three months. She is a bit beaky which I guess scares most people. I took her around the store and hung out with her in the family room. Although she bluffs a bit and does grab with her beak, she doesn't apply any pressure. Such a sweet girl, she gave lots of kisses and just needs a good home.

I thought I would attach some pics I took just in case anyone in the area is looking for a new flock member.

I hope I am posting this in the right area.

On a side note, I just found out that Bird Paradise has a whole bunch of consignment birds not out in the store. I think they have another Harlequin, an amazon, a cockatoo and a slew of smaller birds. Might be a good thing to know since you need to ask to see a lot of the consignment birds.

Mare
07-16-2013, 11:37 PM
It sure would be nice if all the ones hatched to sell had promised and good homes. I hope this sweet girl finds someone to care for her. :)

Blancaej
07-17-2013, 12:11 AM
She is a sweetheart isn't she. I hope she found or finds a great home.

Honesty
07-17-2013, 07:58 AM
She is beautiful and I am sure she will find a loving home very soon.

coltfire
07-17-2013, 08:21 AM
what a beautiful bird she is, i wish i lived over there.

kendrafitz
07-24-2013, 12:14 PM
I went to Bird Paradise yesterday and found out that Quinn is going to her new home this weekend! My heart is so happy for her. :)

While we were there my daughter fell in love with sweetest baby red lored amazon.
She called Daddy but he was adamant, NO MORE PETS!!

Mare
07-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Kendra, my hubby's threatened to leave home if I brought home one more! :th_bignono:

Turquoise
07-25-2013, 09:33 AM
If my hubby threatened to leave home if I brought one more critter in, I'd just tell him, "Good, leaves room for more cages!" He knows better than to give me an ultimatum, I'd take him up on it & tell him I'll even pack the tiny box all your stuff will be fitting in! :th_biggrin:

But then, we've been married for almost 35 1/2 yrs. He already knows he can't win if he ever tried telling me anything. :th_hehe:

Blancaej
07-25-2013, 02:29 PM
I am so glad that sweet Harlequin found a home! What great news!

Mare
07-25-2013, 10:57 PM
We are going on 34yrs. :). I am going to sneak in a few finches, one of these days, he really doesn't want anymore house eating birds!

REK2458
11-26-2013, 04:29 AM
Hello,

I am in NY I have 25 yrs experience with large parrots. I am seeking another Macaw MY Gwene passed away. I have a cockatoo who is my pricess and is totally spoiled.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Best wishes, Roann

ShellyBorg
11-26-2013, 06:10 AM
This one was at a store. Bird Paradise in Burlington, NJ. If you are looking for a bird perhaps they have more.

kendrafitz
11-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I was just there Friday and they actually do. They have baby blue and golds, a bunch of baby scarlets, and about 4 baby mixed macaws (they may be harlequin or catalina, I have trouble telling the difference). And one beautiful, friendly Hy baby. I so wish I could take her home! :)

Plus the regular bunch of amazons, cockatoos, African greys, a black lory and tons of other smaller guys.