PDA

View Full Version : Theres a new bird in town !!!

Pinkbirdy
07-02-2013, 02:07 AM
OWENS home :th_biggrin: {My RB2] . What an experience !! I was kind of a wreck the day he was flying in from Georgia . It was so much easier than I thought. Even though his flight got delayed [poor guy] I was able to come back at the suggested time and picked him right up. He wasn't even scared. This breeders great !! She wanted the birds to be used to the flight carriers . So she would take birds to church [and fill up pew]. So they were ready :th_biggrin: Hes fantastic ,if you could train a bird for someone this would be it. The breeder would have guests in to handle the birds each week [and it shows] . Im even ok having him by my face [and my girls]. Funny how you can just have a sense some birds are ok! Hes a sweetheart not even nervous about his cage. Had to put him on a playstand for a picture.

- - - Updated - - -

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

coltfire
07-02-2013, 02:38 AM
how beautiful, so happy you finally got your new baby home love the pic.

ShellyBorg
07-02-2013, 02:54 AM
pretty new baby!

Mare
07-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Woo Hooo! He is beautiful! So happy he made it to you safely and I LOVE his name! :)

JadeC
07-02-2013, 03:17 AM
So sweet!!!!! He's adorable!!! I wonder now that my baby is settled in if I can start taking him places to get him used to things... What do you think?

Turquoise
07-02-2013, 05:32 AM
OMG Terri, Owen is gorgeous~~Absolutely gorgeous!!!!:th_hug8::th_heart: That is too funny about the breeder taking birds in carriers to church! I bet the choir was rocking on those days with all the backup singers they had!:th_hehe:

You know it is amazing how calm they are when they have just flown halfway across the country to get to you. Then meeting a stranger for their trouble! Ruby Jewel was just as calm as she could be when I finally found the building harboring her. I however, was a nervous mess & cried when I first saw her. :th_LOL: Thank goodness her flight was not delayed, I would have lost it & would have headed to the direction her flight was last seen at.

I want one!!! I wished I could this year, but not yet. I will be checking in with you on the name of your breeder and when I am ready I bet I will be using her.:th_biggrin:

Jade, if Meiko is settled in & comfortable with you, I don't see why he shouldn't be ready to go on outings with you. I personally think the sooner you get him used to it, the better he will be with it. After the first time or two he should let you know if he is enjoying the trips.

I haven't taken any of mine anyplace in the car since they first came home. I guess after they all had to ride from 150 miles to nearly 300 miles one way to get home, I just felt it was enough. I'd love to take them places, but I just plain don't have anyplace anyone in my area would appreciate seeing parrots squawking about! I don't live in the most bird accepting area of the country. No pretty parks, no bird get togethers, nothing.

Pinkbirdy
07-02-2013, 11:33 AM
So sweet!!!!! He's adorable!!! I wonder now that my baby is settled in if I can start taking him places to get him used to things... What do you think? Nows the time to do everything with him [like get him used to your whole house ,get a harness , take him places] Easier now than later.:)

Pinkbirdy
07-02-2013, 11:44 AM
De'Andrea I was thinking about what Too I would suggest to you [now that this place is turning into Too town .!!} Im still thinking the RB2 would be nice for your flock. I would definitely choose this breeder again. I really lucked out with guess at choosing. I could tell from her site she was smaller. So I thought they would get more attention.

Honesty
07-02-2013, 11:57 AM
He is adorable Terri :) I am so glad he arrived safetly!

aliray
07-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Terri, Owen is beautiful and I also love the name. Congrats on your new baby

Debra
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
He's absolutely beautiful! I'm glad he made it home safely. Can't wait to hear more about him.