PDA

View Full Version : ~~A few photos of my furry kids~~

Turquoise
07-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Thought I'd put a few photos up of my chinchillas. I have two males, Zen Chin & Mei Ling. They are both 4 yrs old now & I have had them since they were really young.

Zen Chin is super sweet & always has been. He loves to be scratched & can be petted anytime, anywhere in the cage. He is the black velvet colored one. That color is mainly just a really dark version, almost black on the top half, of the normal grey chins.

Mei Ling used to be the wildest thing & he was a very small fellow when I got him. He would dash out of the cage door as soon as it was opened & was a trip to catch again. A couple of yrs. ago he quit being so skittish & will now allow me to scratch him. He quit running out the door also & has made doing anything in the cage so much more pleasant. I used to have to keep one hand in front of the pen door while I used the other to clean & feed with. Mei Ling is what is called a Mosaic color because of the grey splotch over his eye. I call his color Siamese like the cats of the same color points.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
07-01-2013, 12:01 PM
They are gorgeous! I know nothing about chinchillas but find them beautiful. Thanks for the pics!

Honesty
07-01-2013, 01:11 PM
They are very cute :) You seem to have a mini zoo De'Andrea :th_toofunny:

aliray
07-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Oh I want to snuggle them.

coltfire
07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
very nice, nice pics

Turquoise
07-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks Wendy, Debra, Alison & Steve. They are sweet furries to own & no problem at all to keep. They do need air conditioning in summer or they will die of heat stroke easily with all their thick fur.

Wendy, you said a mouthful! I do have a mini zoo.:th_LOL: I got the chins before I started keeping birds again. I still have to get my tortoise, snakes & tarantula photos on here. I need to take new photos of them.

Alison, Zen Chin would love you. He really enjoys being loved. That's why he is.called the Zen Chin :th_biggrin: