PDA

View Full Version : ~~~MY Girl Ruby Jewel~~~

Turquoise
07-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Got another video uploaded of Ruby Jewel today. It is of her outside in the grass.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Thought I'd add a couple of photos of Ruby Jewel's left wing showing the missing part. This is the reason I don't worry about her flying off when I take her outside without a harness. She has been missing this part since she was a day old due to her Daddy GW biting it off. Both photos were taken by Ruby Jewel's breeder when she was 3 1/2 months old. These were the photos where I fell in-love with my Ruby Jewel & decided she was the Green Wing for me!:th_heart:

plax
07-01-2013, 05:09 AM
She's just adorable :)

Turquoise
07-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks Tony! She is still the sweet doll she was the first day I brought her home 2 months ago. :th_biggrin:

I have one I took of Angel (yes Angel!!) with me holding him in my arms outside yesterday. It is the first time since I brought him home that I have taken him outside. I had planned on making him a play perch to be on out there & just haven't gotten around to it. He was a real trooper & enjoyed himself.:th_hug8: Now I just have to spend the next day & a half uploading it.:th_sad14:

Debra
07-01-2013, 12:17 PM
She's beautiful! She looks like such a sweet thing.

spiritbird
07-01-2013, 12:30 PM
What a sweet gal she must be. How is it that she does not fly off?

Honesty
07-01-2013, 01:10 PM
She is absolutely adorable De'Andrea :)

Blancaej
07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
She is beautiful De'! Sounds like she is doing very well. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us! :)

Turquoise
07-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks everyone. She is a joy to have. And everything positive I have read or heard about GWs has certainly been true so far.

Dianne, Ruby Jewel is missing part of her left wing where it bends at what would be the elbow. I call it the flappy part since it is the part she would bend if it were still there. The Daddy bird bit it off when she was one day old. If she falls off her perch she rolls over S it makes her a bit off balanced. She will never be able to flybwith that much wing gone.

I should add when I post videos of her about her not being able to fly so folks know she is in no danger. I will get a photo posted showing her short wing when I am home again. I'm on my phone right now. Hubby is driving, no worries. I don't text & drive!

coltfire
07-01-2013, 05:21 PM
what a beautiful bird, it just makes me want to get one asap, and so glad to hear your not texting and driving lol