PDA

View Full Version : Parker Takes Flight

Heather
06-30-2013, 12:05 AM
So I got up this morning as usual and opened Parkers cage and changed his water...I always leave the door open...I then went downstairs to get a shirt from the laundry room...When I came back he was sitting on the kitchen faucet...there is no way he could have climbed down from the cage and back up to the sink in less than 2 minutes...I guess our landing practice has paid off because I didn't hear any commotion at all... It is about 10ft straight shot from the cage to the sink...

I now need to work on his take off...I'm not sure how though...I have tried to call him to me and be just far enough away that he would have to jump but he just doesn't seem to have the confidence...

Rescued
06-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Aww, its so amazing for them to learn the skills that they should get to learn.

Blancaej
06-30-2013, 01:05 AM
That is wonderful. Glad your time spent is paying off!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pinkbirdy
06-30-2013, 02:13 AM
So great for Parker!! We haven't seen him in awhile [pictures please]

Heather
06-30-2013, 02:46 AM
I can't seem to get the pictures to work for me...I am always getting some sort of error message...I can't even post off of Photobucket

Mare
06-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Was Parker clipped and just now has flight feathers to be able to fly?

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 07:39 AM
What kind of error message is coming up? Maybe if you can let us know, we can check if it is coming from posting to this site. Have you had trouble posting to any other site or is it just when you try on this one?

That is so wonderful that Parker knows he is a full fledged parrot now since he learned to fly. They do seem to be elated when they take that first flight & everything works out. :th_biggrin:

My breeder of Roscoe believes in not clipping the babies wings until after they fledge. She said they make a much happier bird if they get to learn to fly. She did clip Roscoe just before I brought him home & his wings didn't grow out til this year. I had to clip them again tho as my home is not flight safe for my kids. Unfortunately Angel & Ruby Jewel will never get to experience the feeling of being truly free in flight.

Debra
06-30-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't know Parker's history, but it sounds like this is great news! I remember when my ekkie took flight for the first time. The look on her face was priceless. Of course, it wasn't a full flight but more a flutter to the ground. That's all she seems interested in doing and she doesn't do that often.

Heather
06-30-2013, 12:28 PM
I got Parker when he was 3 months old. He was already clipped when he came home, so he is just getting his flight feathers in. He is now just over a year, I am letting him learn how to fly but I still might have to clip him depending on how he does...I have 3 big dogs and 3 cats and I don't want him to get hurt, since he is out when I am home I don't think it is fair to lock the other animals up all the time either...we will see how it goes

De'Andrea I can post just fine in PF so far I have tried to post to my album on this site , I was finally able to upload 2 pictures but most of the time it won't let me. when I try and upload from photobucket it tells me that the file is invalid...when I try and post in the post it just displays a link that won't work...

Honesty
06-30-2013, 12:35 PM
I can't seem to get the pictures to work for me...I am always getting some sort of error message...I can't even post off of PhotobucketI am not sure why you cant post pics Heather. Have you tried just copying your pic from Photobucket and then pasting it straight into your post? This is the way I do mine. Let us know if you are still having problems.

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Well that is strange that it is happening on this site. I am puzzled as to why the link is invalid here but not on PF. I would think if it works on one site, then it is definitely not an invalid link. I wished I knew more about such things & could help.

I personally do not like the new version photobucket went to & super long links they give each photo now compared to the short ones it did have. I went back to imageshack for awhile, I was getting too mad at photobucket.

Heather
06-30-2013, 05:57 PM
the only reason I started using Photobucket was to try and get pictures loaded on this site

Honesty
06-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Heather. Have another go with photobucket. All the pics I have on here of Codie are done through PB. All I do is click on the pic so it shows the larger version, copy the pic itself and then paste it straight into your post.

To upload from your computer just click on the " insert image " above, which is the 3rd one along from the smiley face, then "select files ". Let us know if you have anymore problems!

Heather
06-30-2013, 11:42 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
07-01-2013, 12:24 AM
You did it! He's gorgeous!

Blancaej
07-01-2013, 12:42 AM
He is gorgeous. Thanks for going through all the trouble and finally figuring it out!

Turquoise
07-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Yes indeed Parker is gorgeous!! And thank you from me too for all your hard work at getting him on here. :th_biggrin: