PDA

View Full Version : Puppies in need of help

Rescued
06-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I am house sitting for a friend and a neighboring farm has 3 female puppies that are running loose, I don't "know" who they belong to, but it seems that that is were they are coming from. They are COVERED in engorged ticks, and one of them has an injured leg that I suspect is a break that is a week or two old. I know that they will end up pregnant and die early. They are pit mixes and are about 35 lbs, I suspect that they will be medium sized dogs, they seem friendly and are quite pretty. I know that if I took them I would be stealing them, I don't have the resources to take on all of them either financially or space wise. Would anyone be interested in taking on a puppy to foster? I am trying to figure it out before I leave here on Monday morning. Please let me know what you think and let me know if you are interested in helping. Thanks, this is really weighing on me.

ShellyBorg
06-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Call and talk to the local animal control. They may come out to do a wellness check.

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 06:29 AM
I hope you can get something done for the poor babies. Doesn't sound like the owners need to or may not can care for them. I don't live anywhere near you, so could not be of any help.

If it were down here in Texas I would know who to call. Our local 'No Kill' rescue has been involved in many situations like that, some being several hundreds of miles away. They have found homes for thousands of dogs & cats & even donkeys & horses that have been confiscated from owners who were not taking proper care of them. If there is a dog/cat rescue organization close to you it could help to alert them of the situation. They usually can get the authorities to act on it quicker than private individuals who may be viewed as 'Just another noisy neighbor'.