PDA

View Full Version : I found summer....

ShellyBorg
06-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Its 108 here right now, 95 in my house and my swamp cooler decided to go on strike. It will be 111 by Monday. To make it worse we normally have vary dry heat. Its really not that bad, but right now our humidly is way up and I am sure that after this week I will now longer have to worry about weight loss! Its going to gust melt off . The news said On Sunday if its as hot as they say its going to get with the humidity it will feel like 120 to 125.....:th_faint:

Blancaej
06-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Be careful what you wish for, right? ;)

Sound unbearable! :what:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
06-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Haha.. You were saying about the rain the other day and now you have it nice. We are the same, it has been hot all week:) We do not get the temperatures that you have over there though. Its been about 80 degrees here.

ShellyBorg
06-29-2013, 07:53 AM
California at least here in the far Northern areas is normally wet in the winter and most days of summer will be over 100 or close to it. We can hit as high as 115 to 120 but its rare and over fast. Its this sudden change from one to another and up to 50+ deg weather change that is wearing. Its strange how the weather globally is going a little nuts right now...

spiritbird
06-29-2013, 01:01 PM
:th_omg: I could not bear the heat. How do you keep the birds cool?

Blancaej
06-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Big temperature changes suddenly is hard on people. We've been getting big swings here, too. Not as hot as you but warm for us! Someone had frost about a week or so again. I mean seriously, it's supposed to be summer. Frost at night is not allowed! LOL!

Mare
06-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Shelly, I agree , the humidity takes you down when you have a swamp cooler!

ShellyBorg
06-30-2013, 06:04 AM
Keeping the birds cool has never been a issue. They do fine in some really high temps. If when they get warm they will jump in there water dishes and take a bath. I swear I will clean those water dishes 20x a day some days.

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Our temps here in Texas is about where it should be now~~HOT!!!. Actually we had a really pleasant spring, we really had one this year! The first part of June was exceptionally cool for us & quite a bit of rain. Although it did nothing for our drought since it didn't rain long enough or fast enough to get much runoff. Our temps the 1st part of the month were hoovering in the 80s & 90s during the day & the low 60s at night. Very unusual for us. we are normally in the 100+ by May! it has caught up to us tho in the past week. it has been upwards of 106 & staying mostly around 101 during the day & in the 70s at night by early morn.

Two summers ago we had the most horrible summer in a long time. I think we had close to 90 days of over 100 degrees in a roll. In fact it got around 115 & 120 several times & we aren't even considered part of the desert area of the state! I live on the edge of West Texas, which is really called, North Central West Texas. The only description they forgot was 'East/South' in that one! :th_LOL: We have a refrigerated air conditioning window unit & our home stays around 78 degrees with it set at 78. When it gets stuffy feeling or the temps feel a bit hotter, we use fans to circulate the cool air before resorting to turning the thermostat down. I grew up with evaporative coolers (swamp coolers) & they leave something to be desired around here. Even tho we don't get much rain during the summer, we still can have 70 to 80% humidity in the air. Where it comes from, I have no idea! Our water has too much minerals in it & evaporative coolers get clogged up too quickly with gypsum mineral deposits. I never got so tired of taking pads out & cleaning everything, just to do it all over again before the week was out!

My son & daughter-n-law live in Fair Banks, Alaska and she had a post on FB the other day showing she had to order box fans shipped in to her to cool their home. I laughed my fanny off over that one. It seems nowhere in the whole town was there a fan to be had & her house was 81 degrees at its hottest! They don't have air conditioning & she was sweltering in such 'devastating' heat. I was a bit bad & asked her what part of the dark ages did she step back into. I went on to say she must have woke up in yesteryear & then said, "No, I think not, because yesteryear had fans & no air conditioning!" Then I said, "Hmmmm, Texas doesn't sound all that bad after all, does it? Ye Old Wally Worlds down here are chocked full of fans & everyone has air conditioning!" She hasn't responded to me on this one yet.:th_loltears: She hates Texas weather, but in all fairness she is from Wisconsin. :th_hehe:

ShellyBorg
07-03-2013, 01:22 AM
119 here today....

Turquoise
07-03-2013, 02:22 AM
We are having the most pleasant start to July in a long time. Yesterday was in the upper 80s. Today it got up to 88 with a low for tonight of 60. Tomorrow's predicted high is 90.

I ain't complaining since we are usually in the triple digits by now!!:th_biggrin:

Debra
07-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Same here De'

coltfire
07-04-2013, 11:50 PM
our summers hit 105, atm of a night its 32 and the days are 64 max but down to 53, depending on what part of Australia ur in down south there temp is around 21

Turquoise
07-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Steve, unless I have forgotten my geography, ya'll are in the middle of winter right now. So those temps are how cold it is, right?

Oh how I envy the cold weather when summer hits here! Then I wonder what I was ever thinking when that cold *bleeping* Canadian wind blows up my fanny. There ain't nothing to stop it from the border down through the badlands to Amarillo & on down past me headed south!

So in Dec & Jan when us Texans have to carry coats & shorts & blankets & ice chests since we never know if its gonna be a 90 degree day or be in the lower teens with the wind chill, you guys are sitting out under the trees drinking a cold one! :th_LOL:

Turquoise
07-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Steve, unless I have forgotten my geography, ya'll are in the middle of winter right now. So those temps are how cold it is, right?

Oh how I envy the cold weather when summer hits here! Then I wonder what I was ever thinking when that cold *bleeping* Canadian wind blows up my fanny. There ain't nothing to stop it from the border down through the badlands to Amarillo & on down past me headed south!

So in Dec & Jan when us Texans have to carry coats & shorts & blankets & ice chests since we never know if its gonna be a 90 degree day or be in the lower teens with the wind chill, you guys are sitting out under the trees drinking a cold one! :th_LOL: