PDA

View Full Version : I may need to get my crazy bird lady kit ordered.....

ShellyBorg
06-28-2013, 11:10 PM
I went in to town a little bit ago to do some shopping. I keep running into this guy on every isle. I jokingly said, if we run into each other one more time, the drinks are on him. Well he backed up and the softly ran into my cart again. LOL he asks if I would like to go over to the book store for something cold. "Why not" I said and checked out (nothing cold or frozen in cart its 106 today!)

Well we start talking and everything is great until he asks if I have pets. I say yes and when I said I had birds he asked what type and how many....the look on his face as he suddenly needed to go , he just remembered he had a appointment was classic. Oh well....

Pinkbirdy
06-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Oh dear !! Well next time when [you get that look ] .You can say at least I don't have 12 birds !!![ and maybe it wont seem so nuts :)] I have to say the amount of attention I get from men when I take my Macaw out. It didn't matter where [we spent a lot of time in the vets office] we went . They would all make their way up to me.So when you get your Macaw [and take him out] at least you will meet people interested in birds ;) Im sure theres "Bird Guys" out there . Post a thread ,and we will take a poll :)

Blancaej
06-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm with Terri. When you get your Macaw use him/her to your advantage. ;)

If he ended your chat for that reason he wasn't right for you anyway! ;)
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

plax
06-29-2013, 02:37 PM
He is/was probably one of those "why would anyone want birds?" and "you shouldn't need so many; they're JUST BIRDS!" kind of person. You know, the type of guy who thinks parrot poop stinks, and who believes snakes are slimy (and who's absolutely terrified of them), and who likely hates cats (for no valid reason), and who probably thinks that a single dog (particularly one of the bolder breeds) is the only legitimate pet a "normal person" would own. So yes, he sounds like the rather arrogant and self-centered, misinformed type. Now that's just a guess, mind you... but if I'm correct the only thing I'd add is... no great loss! ;)

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Oh My Goodness, I bet the poor guy nearly broke his neck trying to get away before you had him signed~sealed~&~delivered as your birds next "Daddy". :th_loltears:

Unfortunately Tony is right in my opinion about the guy & a great number of folks these days. I find very few people I meet, work with or know & tell about my ~varied flock~wolf pack~furry~scaled~shelled~&~eight legged critter menagerie that don't wrinkle their noses & ask why on earth would I want THAT in my house? Ummmm, because they aren't so judgmental as the *Bleeps* like you I meet & have to deal with in my everyday life outside my home!! Does that answer your question in way you can comprehend? :th_hehe:

Bet he will be more careful bumping into the next shopping cart & he will be checking out the future ladies clothes for bird poop! :ROFLMAODog:

josiesmom
07-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Well, he's just not the guy for you....his loss, not yours. Not everyone has what it takes to bond with and care for a parrot or any bird for that matter so he did you a favor by leaving. You will find the right guy and when you do, he will love you and your flock. Good luck to you. :-)

Rescued
07-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Better now, rather than 6 months from now. IMHO

headfeathermistress
07-01-2013, 05:01 AM
OH, how fun is that? Too bad he got scared away so easily. Silly man