PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be here :)

Bev
06-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm Bev from Kidderminster in the UK. I have a 3 year old Red Lored Amazon Named Oscar. He is cheeky, loveable and fun. He is top of the pecking order in my house. I have 3 children 16, 14 and 8, 3 cats and a dog. I love animals and consider myself very blessed to own such an amazing bird. I had Ozzie unexpectedly from an elderly relative when he was 6 months old. My relative bought him on a whim without knowing anything then after 3 weeks could not cope so I said i'd look after him until we could rehome him. I knew nothing about parrots at all so had to do a lot of reading over the first few days to get some basic ideas which is why i set up his own facebook page and enlisted the help of other feathered friends! I still feel i know very little and we have had a few problems recently which i am trying to research. I am always trying to broaden my knowledge. I fell in love with Oscar very quickly and he settled right in to our home with the cats and dog soon learning who was boss! I now couldn't imagine my life without him. Thank you Wendy for inviting me here, i'm sure i will be able to learn more and ask for help from experienced parrot people.

Pinkbirdy
06-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi Bev nice to meet you !! Sounds like you were a bird person and didn't even know it :)

Debra
06-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Welcome Bev and Oscar! I don't own an amazon, but there are others here who do and can give you species specific help if needed. I'll be the first to tell you -- we love pics here!!

spiritbird
06-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Howdy Bev. I hope you enjoy our forum. We have wonderful people here. If you feel you still have birdie problems this is the place to talk about them.

Honesty
06-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Hello Bev and :th_welcomesign: to our forum. Thank you for joining us. Its lovely to see you here :th_chickendance:

We would love to see pics of Oscar.

If you have any concerns at all with Oscar, just ask away and we will do our best to help:)

ShellyBorg
06-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Hello! I have a Red Lored also.

Blancaej
06-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Welcome Bev. Sounds like you are now owned by a parrot. We love to see pics! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

josiesmom
06-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Hello and welcome! I'm very glad you found us here. Like the others have said, we love pics here! :-)

plax
06-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Hi Bev... welcome to our splendidly feathered community :)

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Welcome to the forum Bev & Oscar, aka~Ozzie. I have a sheepadoodle named Ozzie. :th_LOL: Yes, we love photos and Red Lored Amazons are beautiful birds.

You say you have encountered a few issues recently. Not knowing exactly what, I am venturing a guess by Oscar's age that he may possibly be moving into his pre-mature stage of life also known as the teen years when they think they know everything & don't listen just like non feathered human kids.:th_hehe:

It's been many years since I've owned a Zon, but all our birds go through this stage at some point in their life. Some birds are more subtle about it than others. Our Amazon forum would be a great place to start with describing Ozzie's behavior if you still need help with understanding what is going on in his cute feathered head. There are lots of good folks who know a great deal about them on there. I look forward to seeing & hearing all about Ozzie and you.:th_biggrin:

Mare
06-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Welcome, Bev and Oscar! So happy you've joined us!

aliray
06-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the forum

coltfire
07-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Welcome Bev and oscar, hope you find all your answers you need here and make some new friends, will enjoy reading all about oscar in your post, so enjoy and post lots of pics.there is also a section you can post a pic of yourself , just so we can get to know you a little better.

Cheers
steve