PDA

View Full Version : Josie is now hearing impaired!

josiesdad
06-27-2013, 04:04 PM
I realized that while I am not always focused on the Josie SHE is always focused on us. I was sitting in my office, working on a website and not really paying attention to my arch nemesis when I hear a sweet voice saying in a sing song manner.... "pop"? I'm right here Josie I reply without thought and continue working. "Good girl"... she informs me. Totally engrossed I reply yes Josie...... you are a good girl. Again in her cutest sing song manor she says "pretty girl". Still not giving her any of my focus I catatonically reply YES Josie you're a pretty girl. She says "What"? I repeat....I said you're a pretty girl. She replies with.... "Good girl" in a less sing song and a little more demanding voice. She now broke my concentration for a second so I reply louder yes Josie you are a good pretty girl, and go back to my work. A few seconds later I hear "WHAT?" So louder I say Josie you are a Good pretty girl! She replies even louder with "WHAT"?. Then it occurs to me. Anita (Josie's mom) is hard of hearing. At the end of the day she takes off her hearing aid and relaxes. She has a hard time hearing with TV noise, so says WHAT quite often. Josie, following her example now seems to be hearing impaired (especially when it's a compliment.)

Debra
06-27-2013, 04:14 PM
How funny. My Frankie says "what" also. Usually when we repeat what we said he will say "oh". lol

Blancaej
06-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Quincy will actually say what as well. They learn quickly!

ShellyBorg
06-27-2013, 08:50 PM
"Whatdoyouwant" in a whining voice is Danny's Favorite thing to say right after "Waffles" We are sure "waffles"means any thing good to eat!

ConureCrazy
06-28-2013, 01:37 AM
LOL. That's great; they learn so quick! :D

Pinkbirdy
06-28-2013, 01:58 AM
I get told NO and HOLD ON !! :)

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Mine learned "Whaaat' & 'Well, What?" But I love hearing them say "Whatever" in a sarcastic tone. I have no idea who taught them that tone! :th_hehe: The Diva, Miss Leyla Belle says "Whatever" with a real drawn out southern flare I did not teach her! I only wished I could get her to say things when I have the video running.