PDA

View Full Version : Of course now theres a Mouse story :)

Pinkbirdy
06-26-2013, 02:11 AM
You've read my thread "Elephant under the rug". So now we have set mouse traps . This morning I came down to a mouse that had survived the spring in the trap but was still stuck in there. He was flipping himself [and the trap ] all over the bird room. This of course had ALL my birds attention. They were hanging on their cages watching. The funny thing was they were all saying 'STEP UP ' as if to help the mouse [as an answer to his predicament] .I had a smirk the rest of the day thinking about it.

Blancaej
06-26-2013, 02:14 AM
That. Is. hilarious!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ShellyBorg
06-26-2013, 02:38 AM
To funny!

Mare
06-26-2013, 03:37 AM
So funny! What did you do with the mouse?

Pinkbirdy
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Mare ,Im not sure what happened to the mouse [I made Dave take care of it :)} I get daily lectures from him though [on taking care of dead mice ] ha ha

Honesty
06-26-2013, 11:29 AM
:th_loltears:

Debra
06-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Oh how funny!

Animalman2046
06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Get a good cat and the elephants (mice) will be gone. You can get one and keep it out of the birds room when they are out of their cages. I have 2 cats and 4 dogs and 1 conure and no elephants............lol

Pinkbirdy
06-28-2013, 12:07 AM
I hate to say this but I do have a cat [ an older one] .She could care less!! I tell her you could be a least a little interested :) LOL

Mare
06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
I like the cat "idea" but that has its downside too. Ours are mostly outdoor cats. They will catch mice, baby squirrels, moles, gophers and have even seen a rat, bring them to the slider window, half-alive and play with them!! Of coarse I have to save them!!

Turquoise
06-30-2013, 08:41 AM
That is so sad, but funny in the same token. :th_LOL:

It reminds me of when I was a teenager (it's a wonder I can remember that far back)! My Mom had set a trap in her closet. She heard the trap snap & then we could hear the mouse crying, so instead of looking inside the closet she kicked the door. The mouse went screaming & you could hear the trap rattling behind it. Turns out it had gotten caught by its hind foot. She made me take it out & I was supposed to dispose of the poor thing. I never told her I set it free, she would have killed me!!:th_hehe:

plax
06-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Personally, the suffering of any sentient creature bothers me. The pain a mouse feels is no less genuine or excruciating than the pain you or I or any of our beloved pets would feel. Pain is pain! That said, I too use mouse traps. But I always hope for an instant kill.