PDA

View Full Version : Julio is out of quaarantine

noblemacaw
06-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Yesterday Lupe and moved Julio's cage from my upstairs office to downstairs to be by Valentino. I am so happy he is finally going to be around another parrot. Although Julio got a lot of attention up here and was not alone very much we had a set back with him clipping ALL his feathers on his tail and wings. He looked like a cornish game hen ready for the crock pot. It didn't help Lupe was sick and didn't spend any time in the office with Julio for two days. Even though I kept to my schedule with Julio he still clipped his feathers. Julio had chosen Lupe has "his" person. For the first time ever I live with a parrot that does not like me. I feel in time he may turn around for me but for now I am taking it really slow with him. I also hope that with being around Valentino and watching me interact with him and during his training session Julio will see that I am not such a bad person. I also hope by him being able to watch Valentino inhale his fresh food mix Julio won't be so scared of the colorful wonderful smelling food. Other than my Eclectus Joaquin I never seen a parrot love sprouts as much as Valentino. Maybe Julio thinks they are scary things.

Here is a picture of Julio after the clipping. I put him to bed the night before and he was normal. I woke up to him looking like this.

I hope we can get his feathers growing back soon but at this point I will have to wait for the moult and he just finished his moult.

Blancaej
06-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Well I'm glad to hear Julio can now join Valentino downstairs. So sorry to hear about Julio clipping. Poor baby. :(

At least he is in good hands now. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pinkbirdy
06-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Im sure Valentino will like having a buddy. Birds not liking others in my house has happened too. But don't give up, you just have to win them over [it may take a long time] it can be done. Things might change once he starts seeing you interact with Valentino.

Turquoise
06-25-2013, 04:40 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Julio is adorable even with his bare fanny showing. :th_hug8: All he needs is to continue feeling the love you & Lupe are already showering him & Valentino with. I bet Julio will come around to liking you & hopefully he will tone the barbering of his feathers once he realizes he is there to stay and is part of your flock.:th_biggrin:

Maybe he needs a birdie jacket to cover the bare spots. I know that sounds silly, but I have read about some birds who are pluckers & self mutilators loving to wear jackets or T-shirts.Then again I have read many who did not & it didn't help alleviate the plucking.

Debra
06-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I agree. He is a cutie even with his bare fanny showing. I'm sure he'll come around now that he's with another bird and can become more a member of the flock.