PDA

View Full Version : My watch"bird", Amigo

Mare
06-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Our dogs are getting old and lazy. We have had a coyote come up close to the house, several times recently and it's scary because they have been known to grab our cats. I'm on the phone, in the house, looking out the window and I see this coyote behind the garage. Amigo is outside and his alarm goes off, BIG time! The dogs are sleeping on the deck, clueless, and Amigo flys over to the apricot tree, near where this coyote is, and starts screaming bloody murder! I ran out, the dogs could barely lift their heads to see who was disturbing them and the coyote was long gone by the time I got over there. Love that watch-bird!

Turquoise
06-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Awesome!! Go Amigo!!!:th_hug8:

I bet that coyote didn't have a clue what was screaming at him like a banshee. :th_hehe:

I think your dogs are pretty smart cookies. Why waste all that energy defending the place when they know Amigo is ever ready & keeping watch over you all.:th_biggrin:

Mare
06-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Last summer, we had a band of coyotes come close to the house, real close. Our dogs went off, on the deck, but didn't leave the deck to take care of business. Amigo flew over to the closest oak from them and started screaming. He grossed these coyotes out enough that they decided they didn't want to hang around, YES!!

Honesty
06-24-2013, 07:18 AM
haha.. Who needs an alarm system with Amigo keeping watch :th_hehe:

Debra
06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Way to go Amigo!!

Pinkbirdy
06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Amigo must be a sight to see!! I cant imagine looking out my window and seeing My 2 flying around [sticking around the yard] It doesn't surprise me ,hes the one informing everyone theirs something wrong!! IMO parrots are smarter than any cat or dog ive every had . Cute hes protecting his flock.Hes a poster child for 2s ,should have his own web page .:)

Blancaej
06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Wow! Good job Amigo! Got to love that bird. No one is messing with his flock!

Rescued
06-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Amigo, your one smart cookie. They are so territorial it doesn't surprise me a bit.

kathleen k
07-22-2013, 05:39 AM
please pardon me, but i am new to the forum.

how come your too is out free and can fly to other trees? and not fly away?

Mare
08-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi kathleen, ok, now I know where I am! Amigo flys freely during the day and comes in when he wants, usually nap time and for sure in the evening. He's outside to fly free because I let him be this way. Long story on this being a reality but it's working well.