PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

kazz939
06-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone i have three parrots two of which are rescues.
Kiri is over 20 years old,i rehomed her about 4 years ago they thought she was 17 but not 100 % she is a little greencheek conure and never flies just relies on you for a lift.lol. She may be only small but she has big attitude when she wants.
Tiki was my first parrot (apart from budgies and still have two of those) we bought her as a baby and she is now 5. She has changed her allegiance from me to my OH but still tolerates me and asks for regular head scritches. She is a senegal.
KC came from a rescue as a safehouse but is staying with me. She is an Orange winged amazon and i have been her carer for 3 years now. She had a bit of a rough start escaping as a young baby and being found and rescued by RSPCA by then in pretty bad health. ANyway she was nursed back to health and gradually over time learnt that you can have a big cage and feel safe, she had to be gradually built up from her small hospital cage to a normal one (possibly this comes back to her feelings of fear in the big wide world) She also hates hands yet at night allows me to stroke her feet! Again she prefers my OH (Dont know what im doing wrong) and will sit on his shoulder and is close to allowing him to stroke her beak i havent got a chance unless i want to lose a chunk of my finger.lol. though she hasnt yet bitten only bashed my hand when i pushed a little too hard. She is easy to manage though without handling she wouldn't come out of her cage for a while but now does and to get her back in .....well shes a typical ammie and loves her food so a palm nut or a mini jammie dodger and she runs in like she hasnt been fed for a week.
Look forward to reading more and getting to know more of you.877878[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
06-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Hi Karen and :pp_welcome:Thankyou for joining us:)

Kiri, Tiki and KC are adorable:)

plax
06-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi Karen! Thanks so much for joining our community :). And thanks for sharing the photos! Your birds are very nice and I think it's great that two of them are re-homes. KC sounds as if she's been a bit of a challenge, but I'm so glad to know you've given her a loving home and that she's allowed to be herself :)

Please feel free to jump in and participate as much as you'd like here. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your fids.

spiritbird
06-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Howdy and please enjoy PP. The rest of us sure do.

Blackhawk007
06-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Hello Karen. Your fids look great. Thanks for joining us.

Turquoise
06-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the forum Karen. I love the stories you told about your feathered kids. :th_hug8: It sounds like you are doing a great job with your re-homes & they love living with you.:th_biggrin:

I had an OWA many yrs ago & it had some of the same fears as KC does. they are very sweet Zons to own & I look forward to hearing more about you and you and your flock. I have a 6 yr old re-homed GCC, Peta. I know what you mean about being small with a big attitude. GCCs are awesome little birds!:th_LOL: