PDA

View Full Version : ~~~~happy father's day~~~~

Turquoise
06-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I thought I'd start a thread for all of us to honor our fathers on their special day today.:th_biggrin:

Happy Father's day to all of you guys out here. Be it featherless kids, feathered kids, furry kids or no kids. if your a guy, you've probably been a father figure to at least one critter in your life! :th_hug8:

I will start off by telling a little about my Dad. He was an old time cowboy, worked most of his life on the SMS, Swenson Land & Cattle Company about 30 miles from where I still live. He never married until he met my Mom. She was probably the only wild filly he could never fully break. :th_LOL: He was 54 yrs old when I was born and although I have 1 older brother, now gone and 2 older sisters, one gone as well, I was my Dad's only child.

Dad was a very gentle man who taught himself to play a fiddle. I can still hear him play it. Dad was the one who started me on a long road of keeping & loving all kinds of critters. He was always bringing me baby cottontails & jack rabbits to raise he would find while out riding the pastures. Dad even brought me my first baby bird. He found a baby scissortail that had fallen from its nest.

I lost my Dad to a heart attack in 1967 when I was 12 yrs. old and I still miss him to this day! I love you Daddy tho you have been gone for almost 46 yrs, your memory lives on in me and my son Jory.:th_hug8::th_heart:

Here is a picture of my dad & me when I was 11 yrs. old. I wished I had a better one to post, but I lost all my photos of everyone in my family when my house flooded in Aug. of 2005 out here.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

So if anyone wants to, please post photos of your Dad and tell us a little about him here. :th_greet13:

Lady
06-17-2018, 09:23 PM
What a nice memory to have of your Dad.

I would have to do a lot of digging to find a picture of my Dad and me. I come from a large family and both my parents worked. Mom at night and Dad during the day. My Dad liked to garden and could grow a stick into a tree, I've seen him do it. He was a chef by trade, even when he was in the Navy. These are two of the things I love to do must.

Happy Father's Day to Dad's everywhere!!!