PDA

View Full Version : Coltfire's (steve) surgery

gemini_84
06-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Hey guys, so as some of you know Coltfire(Steve/ my dad) was scheduled for a shoulder reconstruction a couple of weeks ago but was cancelled. He got a call the other day and was able to be booked in for his surgery today. Due to other issues he is sufferring he unfortunately only has a 60% chance of pulling thru this surgery (it's ok tho, only the good die young,he will live for ever.... lol).
This thread is to keep you all upto date how things are going. so here is how things stand atm (i only know what i hear as i am over 3000km away from him and couldnt be there with him)

He had to be at the hispital at 7am this morning
i recieved a message at 8am saying he was next and should be under in the hour.

that was 2 hrs ago and i havent heard anything else as of yet so i can only assume that its all going ahead. When i hear more ill let you all know.

Pinkbirdy
06-16-2013, 01:59 AM
That has to be hard with him so far away .Thanks for updating us ,things sound serious .

gemini_84
06-16-2013, 02:58 AM
it is because of other issues he is waiting for treatment for terri but he'll be fine :) i know he will. the distance is hard, especially cause all i can do is play the waiting game, and not knowing what is going on is the hardest. its been 5 hrs since i heard from him, i have no idea how long a shoulder reco takes or how long after he will still be under.

plax
06-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Amanda, thanks so much for the update on Steve. I believe we should think positive about Steve's situation. A 60% chance means it's more likely than not that he will come through his surgery. I'm counting on him pulling through!

Won't Steve's doctors speak with you by phone to answer some of your questions?

gemini_84
06-16-2013, 04:41 AM
:th_yah:
i just spoke to dad and he is out of surgery and in recovery

gemini_84
06-16-2013, 04:44 AM
Won't Steve's doctors speak with you by phone to answer some of your questions?

i dont know who his doctor is, or if without prooving my identity that they woukd disclose any information over the phone

Honesty
06-16-2013, 05:41 AM
Tell your Dad we are all thinking of him and wishing him a speedy recovery :th_hug8:

coltfire
06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
thank you all im now sitting up in a yukky hospital bed wanting to go home, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, once i see the dr and find out what complication he had,as there were a few, but im alive and still here so once again thank every one for your thoughts and prays. oh and a big thanks to my daughter Amanda

cheers
Steve

Honesty
06-16-2013, 11:39 AM
I am really pleased to hear you are ok Steve :) Let us know when you are home.

Debra
06-16-2013, 12:20 PM
So glad all went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Blancaej
06-16-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm so glad you got through surgery ok Steve. Hope your complications won't slowdown your recovery. Keep us posted.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
06-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Good to hear all well. You are in good spirits and all!! :th_hug8: And Happy Father's day to you!!!:th_biggrin:

I somehow missed this thread last night. Sorry Amanda. I can understand how hard it is to be so far away & not be able to be there with your Dad.

spiritbird
06-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Get better and I pray the post op pain is tolerable at least. :positive:

plax
06-16-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm very happy that you're back with us, Steve :). I wish you a tolerable and speedy recovery!

coltfire
06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
well i was sent home today, pain is my friend, well the meds are lol. ok no one could tell me what complications i had , just that i need to talk to the surgeon, which i tried to do , he sent his intern to see me , to discharge me and he was not there yesterday, so i see him in two weeks , all i know at this point is the op was supposed to take 1 hour and i was on the table for 5 hours and when i woke i was covered in blood, which i remember being changed 3 times. what the surgeon was not told was about my leaky values in heart. so i guess i have to wait two weeks to find out , i did try and call him but due to privacy laws can not discuss it on phone. this is so slow typing one hand.