PDA

View Full Version : Salsa: his response to Maynard this morning

plax
06-15-2013, 09:02 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

You'll notice that poor Jack is beside himself pacing back and forth in his cage in the background. He still has a strong bond-love for Maynard, but Maynard will kill him if he gets the chance. Sadly, because of this, Jack must be isolated form Maynard at all times. The poor guy gets pretty jealous and anxious when Maynard is near another bird :(

Honesty
06-15-2013, 09:34 PM
I cant view the video, it says it is private :(

plax
06-15-2013, 09:57 PM
I cant view the video, it says it is private :(It will work now. The connection stalled on me during the processing stage after it uploaded so my defaults didn't get set. But I've fixed it.

Honesty
06-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Poor Jack. You can see how agitated he is in the background :( Salsa and Maynard look quite friendly though?

Turquoise
06-15-2013, 10:31 PM
That's cute!

Poor Jack, he has been dumped for a good looking redhead!! :th_hehe:

My two, Roscoe & Ruby Jewel take pot shots at each other when I pass too close with one. Both are jealous of the other. In fact none of mine want to share me. :th_biggrin:

plax
06-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Poor Jack. You can see how agitated he is in the background :( Salsa and Maynard look quite friendly though?Yes, they do seem to like one another fairly well. Salsa sweet talks Maynard and Maynard loves it.

plax
06-15-2013, 11:00 PM
That's cute!

Poor Jack, he has been dumped for a good looking redhead!! :th_hehe:

My two, Roscoe & Ruby Jewel take pot shots at each other when I pass too close with one. Both are jealous of the other. In fact none of mine want to share me. :th_biggrin:Zaf still picks fights with Salsa when he gets the chance. And it's pure jealousy!

spiritbird
06-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Nice looking Macaw. Birds seem to have such sensitivity. I wonder if the wild ones do?

plax
06-15-2013, 11:44 PM
Nice looking Macaw. Birds seem to have such sensitivity. I wonder if the wild ones do?Thanks. And my guess is yes, they probably do. Their bonding drives are very strong. Plus, if it's any indication, both Jack and Maynard are wild caughts from the early 80s.

Pinkbirdy
06-16-2013, 02:21 AM
Are your wild caught birds been able to become as tame,as the others ? Did you have ZAF as a baby?

plax
06-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Are your wild caught birds been able to become as tame,as the others ? Did you have ZAF as a baby?Jack and Maynard are and always have been friendly towards handling (that is, once I got them used to being handled when they came to live with me many years ago). Up until they stopped getting along I would allow one of them on each of my shoulders and they were entirely trustworthy. Jack is still trustworthy in this respect and loves to sit on my shoulder when I allow it. Maynard would likely be okay if there by himself, but I will no longer take the chance with him because of his emotional unpredictability. They both step up with ease and I can do anything with either of them as far as handling. Jack is a very sweet bird... Maynard experiences occasional mean outbursts and has bitten both Jack and me quite badly a few times since he had his change of heart about Jack in 2005 after Zaf arrived here.

Zaf's owner passed away and Zaf was placed in boarding for a year before he came to live with me in 2005. He was 16 then, which makes him 24 now.

Debra
06-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I just love Salsa!

Blancaej
06-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Great video. They are all beautiful!