PDA

View Full Version : the disease that is killing our wild cockatoo's

coltfire
06-15-2013, 06:48 AM
i thought i would put a a pic of a wild cockatoo with beak and feather disease, its killing our cockatoo's and it cant be stopped, this bird is only at the beginning of a very slow death, i try to catch as many of the sick ones, and take them to the vet.

Turquoise
06-15-2013, 06:56 AM
How sad that this is happening to such gorgeous birds! I think I read something about that disease in wild populations recently. Can't remember where I read it tho'. If only there was something that could be done on a large scale.

You are so caring & giving helping the wild sick ones. I must commend you for your dedication!!:th_hug8:

coltfire
06-15-2013, 07:00 AM
its real bad, as the disease takes over, they revert back to babies, and have the others feed them , that is how it is passed on.

Debra
06-15-2013, 12:41 PM
I have a friend in Australia that has two toos with this disease. People find out that she has one and they bring her another. She has stopped taking them in as it hurts her too much emotionally to lose one.

Blancaej
06-15-2013, 04:27 PM
That is really sad but wonderful of you to capture them and take them to the vet.