PDA

View Full Version : for all you cockatoo lovers

coltfire
06-15-2013, 06:32 AM
i thought i would take a few pics of the wild too's over the back fence.

coltfire
06-15-2013, 06:37 AM

coltfire
06-15-2013, 06:41 AM

coltfire
06-15-2013, 06:43 AM

Turquoise
06-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Oh Wow, absolutely awesome!! :thanks4sharingthumb

I would love to live where wild parrots fly free & look so beautiful in their natural settings. You are so lucky to get to hear & see them. What other types of native parrots live in your area? I can never get tired of seeing photos like this. :th_biggrin:

How are you doing Steve? I know you are having to wait again on your surgery, but I just wanted to check up on how you are holding out til then.

coltfire
06-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Surgery is now tomorrow, so Amanda will keep you all updated, as for other wild, we have lorries (rainbows, red collar,scaly breasted) too's (sulpha crested, corellas short and long billed, black cockatoo's red and yellow, gang gangs) Galhas (rbc) budgies, grass parrots, eastern rosella's, king parrots and a few others i cant think of atm if you can get into my photo bucket on that other post you can see a lot of them as i have pics there'

Turquoise
06-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Great news on your surgery! I will be waiting to hear the updates. :th_hug8:

You have such a great variety of wild parrots. I have to go to the zoo to see some of those parrots some don't keep very often. What a great place you live in. I'd love to see Australia, if only I could shake my fear of flying.

Honesty
06-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Thankyou for sharing those fantastic pics :) How lovely would that be to see all those Cockatoo's in the wild.

Good luck with your surgery Steve. We will be thinking of you. See you soon.

coltfire
06-15-2013, 12:25 PM
here is the link to all the pics of them i took today. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
06-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I would love to live where parrots fly in the wild. It would just be so awesome to see them in their natural habitat.

Good luck with your surgery. Will be praying for you.

spiritbird
06-15-2013, 02:59 PM
You live in parrot heaven for sure. Good luck with the surgery.

Blancaej
06-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Those are great pictures Steve! Thanks for sharing that with us. It has got to be amazing to see all those birds in the wild. I will have to check out your link to more photos!

gemini_84
06-15-2013, 11:54 PM
we are blessed and cursed at the same time to have all these beautiful parrots fly freely in the wild. we all know how loud 1 cockatoo can be, can you imagine having 50 in your backyard at the same time flock calling, but the sight is one of amazement. Unfortunately alot of non bird peopleconsider the too's tobe a pest and not only because of the noise. Alot of them live in the suburban areas of Sydney where their natural habitat gas been removed to make way for housibg so now the too's will perch on house rooves and chew.
A few other wild parrots we have that dad didnt mention.... major mitchells, and if i were to travel about 6hrs north eclectus parrots, princess parrots oh and now im having a mental blank.

I will keep you all posted on dad but ill start a new thread in the off topic section.

coltfire
06-16-2013, 09:21 PM
i did say there were some i could not think of atm and our eckkies are at the top of oz not to far from Gem

Pinkbirdy
06-17-2013, 12:38 AM
So do you guys have breeders you go to if you want these species?Or do people try to catch them in the wild and try to tame them ? Are there a lot of parrot owners there? I would love a western slenderbilled 2 [their rare here] Do you see them?

Mare
06-17-2013, 02:30 AM
Good questions, Terri. I think my favorite photo was the one in the tree that looked like Christmas lights of cockatoos! Steve I hope your surgery goes well and look forward to hearing back from you!

coltfire
06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
we are lucky enough to be able to still catch wild, not that a lot of people do, most buy from breeders or pet shops

Turquoise
06-19-2013, 05:28 AM
I would absolutely love to go to Australia! It has always been one of the places I would go if I could. Africa is another to see all the animals. The Himalayan Mountains are another and outer Mongolia has always fastinated me.

I can see how the noise could be a bit much at times. But oh how awesome it would be to see those gorgeous winged creatures in their natural surroundings take flight!:th_hug8:

coltfire
06-23-2013, 05:31 PM
noise what noise, as the too's come in of a morning and afternoon all my birds compete with the too's they have copied there screech to a T ,but noise whats that. i have learnt to block it out just wish my partner could, she does not know how i can go to sleep in there room with them all going off there heads but its music to my ears.