User Tag List

Thread: When you miss a loved one..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

When you miss a loved one..

I wasn't sure where to post this. I miss Amigo like you can't know how much. I still miss him everyday, when I walk out in the yard and he isn't there, when I shut down the rooms for the evening and he isn't there, when I need a friend..

I now have Shaggy and she has been such a Godsend. She brightens my days with her cockatoo voice, she makes me smile at her cocka"tude"ness. We are becoming good friends

So, when you lose a loved one, can he/she be replaced?..never..can you make room for another?..yes, indeed!

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-22-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-22-2016), kendrafitz (10-22-2016), Lady (10-22-2016), lolsavannahh (10-24-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I agree Mare. We keep our life experiences in our heart. All of my pets that are no longer with me are in my heart and I am reminded daily of something one or the other had done or was like. My pets today will be added to those in my heart when they pass. Sometimes memories can be very real in the emotions they bring out. The present has a way of weaving them in our day to day life. Instead of feeling that sense of loss, memories help with the transition to happy thoughts.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (10-22-2016), Mare (10-23-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Remember the good times and smile.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-22-2016), Lady (10-22-2016), Mare (10-23-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Emotions can sure be bitter, yet sweet. Love is the purest of all, imo and the most difficult at the same time.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-22-2016), Mare (10-23-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    All of your words are so true. Sometimes I feel like I'm slighting my other birds by speaking so dearly of Amigo. They ALL have a special place in my heart. Amigo and I had something weirdly special.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-23-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-23-2016), Lady (10-23-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Rather than focusing on the loss of Amigo remember him with all those memories that he did create for you and how much he added to your life while he was with you. Be grateful for all the time that he did share with you while he was here and expanded your own world.

Think of how much emptier your life would be if you two had not connected.

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-23-2016), Mare (10-23-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    You really did have an extremely special relationship with Amigo. That is why you miss him so much. He had a HUGE personality and was such an amazing force. And he devoted all that beautiful energy to you. How could you not miss him so very much. You aren't slighting your other birds speaking of him this way. You are honoring him and your unbelievabley special relationship. How lucky you both were.
    Rosie & Kendra

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-23-2016), Mare (10-24-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thank you, I'll always remember the good times, the lucky one's we were! Lucky in life..holy moly!

I sit with Shaggy, now..and there is such a different vibe from her than Amigo. She is a mellow sort that I'm so enjoying. I had no idea that this might be possible
    Last edited by Mare; 10-24-2016 at 03:56 AM.

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-24-2016), kendrafitz (10-24-2016), plax (10-25-2016)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    I belive I joind the group after your amigo flew over the rainbow bridge I can tell you have a great love and connection with him it's so nice to see that you were able to give shaggy girl a great home I know one thing we all love our birds and other pets fullheartdly im so happy to read that you and shaggy are hitting it off she looks like a cutie pie I hope she brings you much joy to come over the years

18. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-25-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Amigo lives eternally in the heart! He is forever a part of who you are, Mare. He was your cherished companion... and he is indeed a legend! There is plenty to feel very good about concerning that magnificent white guy . Shaggy is your new family member and a different being. Similarities aside, you have a brand-new relationship with her. And I'm happy for that
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

20. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-25-2016), luckyandjenn (10-25-2016)