User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

Hello!

I recently moved and had to leave my bird back in California, where I lived before the move. Luckily, we found a great home for him with a family friend who is treating him like a prince. He was a blue budgie named Wonton, with quite a bad attitude. I had him for only a year and a few month before the surprise move was mentioned. I got him from a pet store which I learned was not a good idea a bit too late... He was pretty territorial it seemed, aggressive, and not a happy camper. I talked to him daily and handled him every now and then. In time I taught him to step up, but he wasn't a big fan of being handled. I got him along with another budgie, Sushi, who is no longer with us. His cause of death is not known in full, but we suspect that Wonton killed him. I was away from home when this happened and was getting reports from my family members. There were no open wounds, but we think there could have been an internal problem or possible shock? I'm not sure. I was devastated by the news, as I am sure you could well imagine. At first, I wanted Wonton gone, I would still care for him of course! But my interactions with him lessened for a few days after Sushi's death, I would talk to him and play music for him, but tried not to physically handle him as much. Suddenly after those few days, I no longer had many hard feelings towards Wonton, I hated what he did of course! but murderer or not, I wanted to try to build a relationship with him. Then we moved and that idea was thrown out the window...

So, now I am currently birdless and it leaves a gaping hole in my heart. Not only because my bird could not come here with me, but every pet I had is not here with me. I also have three dogs and a dwarf bunny, they are with my grandmother. I'm living with my Aunt and she does NOT like animals, at least housing them. It's sad and lonely at times without the companionship of my beloved pets. With thanks!!, this pushed me to get into volunteering at an animal shelter. With that I currently volunteer for a cat and dog shelter, it is just lovely. Still, I miss having a bird(and other pets) of course, but there is not much I can do for the time being.

Anyways!! I should talk a bit about myself! ...and this is long, I am sorry but I am known for typing and saying more than is necessarily necessary. I like to watch anime and adore Japanese culture. Drawing and reading are my common pass times. I have been interested in birds for almost 2 years now. It developed pretty quick, it's near an obsession at the point. Especially now that I am stuck birdless. I spend tons of time researching different species of birds. And that's about it...

I also have some questions that I am dying to find the answers to! Or even shared opinions. That is why I went looking for a bird forum I could join. Also, would just like a place where I can talk to people about birds.

My first question is about breeding lovebirds and what forum should I go to to ask that?

My reason for asking is because the next bird I would like is a lovebird and later on, I would like to breed them.

The second question is, What forum should I go to to ask for an opinion about birds? Be it for the bird itself or about possible problems concerning a bird? Or even just to ask for opinions.

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-18-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hello Queen and welcome to Precisely Parrots! So sorry to hear about having to leave your budgie behind and yes, losing a pet bird leaves hole in the heart. It's wonderful that you are volunteering at a cat and dog shelter. That may help ease the pain a little of not having your pets with you.

With regard to asking about breeding, there is a breeders forum that you can ask questions.
    There is also a lovebird forum that you can ask specific questions on lovebirds and there is a general forum that you can share your questions and thoughts about birds.
    Please feel free to browse through all the forums so you can get an idea of where things are located.
    Happy to see you here and look forward to seeing more posts from you.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (10-22-2016), Queen (10-22-2016)

Thank you very much!! I'll look into those forums!

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Greetings Queen... thanks for joining our community . It's sad to hear about your sudden loss of Sushi and that you were forced to re-home Wonton and your other pets. Sometimes life can be quite cruel to us . Your shelter work indeed sounds like a great development for you, especially considering what you've been through.

As Helena mentioned, we have our forums designated with subject titles and there is a Breeders/Weaning forum and a Lovebirds forum. We also have some members who breed Lovebirds. I'm sure they would be happy to answer your questions.

And yes, feel free to browse around and familiarize yourself with our website. We're glad you're here!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

7. The following 2 users like this post:

hello queen, welcome

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-20-2016), Queen (10-22-2016)

Thank you, Tony! I'm so excited to learn more about birds and meet more people who share a passion for birds like I do.

Hello Dan and thank you.

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-20-2016), Lady (10-22-2016), PlaxMacaws (10-20-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Welcome to the forum! I have worked with quite a few lovies and have owned 2 myself(: I would love to chat if you want to make a post in the lovebird forum of this site and be a bit more specifi(:
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2016), Lady (10-22-2016), Queen (10-22-2016)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Welcome to this awsome group im sure you will find lots of great info here i know i have..

15. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2016), Lady (10-22-2016), Queen (10-22-2016)

Thank you, Savannah!! I'd appreciate that a lot! I have been working on a post for the past few days, I have so much to say and so much I want to know! I am extremely excited!!!

Thank you, luckyandjenn. I can't wait to learn as much as I can and meet more people and talk about birds and just have fun! X3

17. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (10-22-2016), lolsavannahh (10-22-2016), luckyandjenn (10-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi, Queen! Welcome!

19. The following 2 users like this post: