User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to visit a female U2..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Going to visit a female U2..

Tomorrow, I have a doctors appt. in our closest city. I've been closet looking on Craigslist for a U2 and found someone looking for a home for her female, 12yrs. old and living near where my doctor's office is located. Her accolades are glorious..I shall see. She is up for offer at $600 but they are willing to barter. I've not a good feeling about the owners, I will take my grizzly bear spray, just in case!

Any advice on what to look for, besides the usual overall health things? Her photos are beautiful.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-21-2016), kendrafitz (09-22-2016), Lady (09-22-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    You have pretty good instincts Mare....follow what your gut tells you. What is the reason they are giving for rehoming her? How long have they had her?
    If you do end up with her, put it in writing!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-22-2016), Mare (09-21-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Helena, I asked in an email their reason for giving her up but got no response. Whoever posted the add wanted texting but I don't text,,so I phoned. The person who answered the phone was male and not friendly. I could hear a woman in the background that he relayed my inquiries too..it was kind of sketchy. Anyways, they said that there were a few interested parties and if the bird is gone before tomorrow they will let me know, if I don't hear from them I will go check her out tomorrow.

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing..I miss my big white intensely and know I can never replace him but feel the need to visit.

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-21-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Scam alert- it sounds fishy already to me.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-21-2016), Mare (09-21-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Jean-Pierre, I know it smells a bit fishy but I'm going to check it out anyways..maybe I might crack a bird smuggling ring .

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Well, you never know...a visit can't hurt. You can ask the questions then. If they aren't forthcoming, run like he**. You aren't going alone are you?

Nobility Member

Parrots

What does that mean, "if they aren't forthcoming"? Stolen bird..?..bird flippers..?..no matter what I will keep the bird's best interest in mind. ..mine, too. No, Helena, I'm taking no one with me..just me and my grizzly bear pepper spray

Super Moderator

Parrots

Better make sure that is a king-sized can of pepper spray. Be careful!

13. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-22-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I hope you will be meeting them in a public place....like let's say the parking lot of the local sheriff department. It just seems to me if a man and a woman are going to be meeting with you and you may have a couple hundred dollars in cash on you, there is a chance for a scam. It would be hard to keep can of grizzly spray out and finger on the trigger while having your eyes and heart occupied with a U2 who might need to be rescued...

I hope they are on the up and up, but please be very careful!

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-22-2016), Mare (09-22-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I got a call from the owners and actually got to speak to the woman. She says they run a kind of rescue, they take in animals that need homes..sounds totally flakey. She said she had a young man come check out the bird and he was scared to death of her. She thought, because I'm an experienced 'too owner, that I might be a good fit. I asked her if she would consider accepting less money for the bird to go to a good home,,she said yes, she wants what's best for the bird.

She's had the bird for eight months and thought it was a male until she laid an egg and has a disabled son, in a wheel chair, that the bird likes to attack. I'm well aware of how these cockatoos work, I'm looking forward to meeting her!

I don't plan on taking much cash with me, this will be a visit, only.
    Last edited by Mare; 09-22-2016 at 03:21 AM.

17. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-22-2016), Dragonlady2 (09-22-2016), kendrafitz (09-22-2016), Lady (09-22-2016)