User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When The Parrot Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy!!!!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    The mood in our house is generally quite serene, apart from Casper's morning shriek and flock call. Its very hard to have a rant about anything because Casper mimics us ranting which means we all end up with the giggles.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-23-2016), kendrafitz (08-23-2016), Lady (08-27-2016), Mare (08-23-2016), The Pinkertons (08-23-2016)

Banned

Ambient Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    The mood in our house is generally quite serene, apart from Casper's morning shriek and flock call. Its very hard to have a rant about anything because Casper mimics us ranting which means we all end up with the giggles.
    That's what I'm referring to about The Ambient Energy ! for example I work from home...it's just me and my animals all day, My husband comes home and everyone is in an up-roar, the birds start screaming the dogs are all over the place. they feel the tension he brings with him to what is otherwise a quite ambient energy, the dynamics completely changes from serene to chaos.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-23-2016), Lady (08-27-2016), Mare (08-23-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Give him a kiss and a beer and send him out with the dogs. Status quo restored
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-23-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Give him a kiss and a beer and send him out with the dogs. Status quo restored
    Lord knows I've tried, sometimes it works sometimes it don't. I'm the one with the beer and out with the dogs

8. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-26-2016), Mare (08-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I know all our birds are spoiled, even if we didn't have them from babies. Having them from babies I know I would be in a tough spot now, because I already spoil Lady as I know others do the same. I wouldn't really call it spoiled in the sense that we have to try everything to learn what they want. I still get a good pressure bite from Lady when I insist on things my way and try to get her to come out of her cage and she is having nothing to do with it. I know she doesn't want to do some things that I want her to do and when I run out of ideas to get her to do them, it's my fault that if she gives me a bite because I pushed to far.

I too can ignore her loud screaming most of the time. Other times she gets left alone till she stops. Not to long ago we were having difficulties just having a conversation with Lady in the room. She would continuously scream, what works for us most of the time is to cover her cage. Granted she sometimes still will keep on screaming but if we speak softly she tends to get quiet as if to hear what we are saying. Then and only then do we open the cover somewhat so she can see and be part of our gathering. Some techniques work some of the time, but I not yet found something that always works all the time. It's an on going process that we try our best to learn from.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016), kendrafitz (08-28-2016)