User Tag List

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Baby Green Wing macaw refusing formula at 11 weeks old

Parrots

Green wing Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Wow! That's remarkable. He was away a bit over 9 months and his memory of your love enabled him to find his way back home. And if I remember correctly, you had recently moved and thus hadn't lived where you currently are for very long at all. Is that correct?

So what's the story on the other macaw that comes to visit? Are there many wild macaws living in your area? Is the visiting macaw also a green-wing?

Likewise. We love you, your wife and Robert - and we love hearing about him. We're so glad he's home!
    He lived with us at the new location for around 5 or 6 months.

Over the years many macaws have escaped forming several feral populations. They even pass down speech to their offspring. So it's not uncommon to hear a group flying by screaming "shut up"!
    Many wild Macaws also make the journey from nearby rain forests to other rain forests. But our population here is about 1800 blue and gold & 300 green wing. Both feral (mostly) and immigrants.

Yes the visitor is a Green Wing Macaw as well.
    Last edited by chad84; 10-21-2017 at 04:15 PM.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2017), Lady (10-21-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-21-2017)

Parrots

Green wing Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    What an awesome story! I can't wait to see some pics of Robert. Is he as tame as he was before? Maybe his new friend is responding to Robert's new noises.
    He wants to cuddle all the time but he seems a little different. But I have no fear of him being a totally different bird. After all he found his way home.

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-21-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-21-2017), kendrafitz (10-21-2017), Lady (10-21-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-21-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I'm very much looking forward to some new photos of Prince Robert
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2017), Lady (10-21-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    It might be worth getting him microchipped. Horror of horrors would be if the other people have already done that.
    Do you think Robert and the visiting greenwing are an "item" as we call it here
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 2 users like this post:

chad84 (10-22-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-22-2017)

Parrots

Green wing Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    It might be worth getting him microchipped. Horror of horrors would be if the other people have already done that.
    Do you think Robert and the visiting greenwing are an "item" as we call it here
    I wonder as well. That's why I invited the stranger to stay. Don't mind having them both. Time will tell. We have enough love for 2
    There is currently no way to microchip birds here.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-22-2017), Lady (10-24-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-22-2017), Quakerella (10-23-2017)