User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to get a rescue macaw to trust me?

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Thank you guys!!! Updates to come for sure!!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

2. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (02-05-2016)

Parrots

Update on RUDY:

Hey all, I know it's been a long while since I've updated Rudy's progress.. and to be honest not much has happened. We never could get the store owner to budge on his price.. and they asked far too much.. Now that the rescue is having issues, I am very sad to say that we will probably not get Rudy out of there for several more months at the least. He is changing though! When I walked in today, I said " Hi Birdies!" like I always do... and today, Rudy looked at me and said " Hi!" I nearly peed my pants when I heard that cute little quiet voice try to say his first word.. He has never even made a noise other than very rare grumbling.. and today he said an actual formed word.. I am so happy!

He no longer strikes at the cage when I get close to it, and today I risked the life of my hand by reaching into the water door to grab his bowl (which he was sitting right next to) and he didn't try to get my hand at all! He is just blossoming so so much from where he was.. His feathers seem to be growing in at least a little bit, and he just seems to be happier overall. I really want to try to get him to step up soon if I can..

I really do believe that he trusts me.. but from what I know, he has never stepped up on anyone ever. I got Skully too, which makes me very happy... and gives me the bravery to try again ( although Skully was never aggressive.. ). I will update you as things happen now, and hope you guys will be able to help whenever I have questions!(:

4. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-10-2016), Lady (06-10-2016), PlaxMacaws (06-10-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Thanks for the update, I hope it all straightens itself out sooner rather than later.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (06-10-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Thanks for the update, Savannah. I'm very glad to know that Rudy is showing positive signs . It's so unfortunate that he's locked into that environment for now, though
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (06-10-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh Savannah,
    How wonderful that he has learned to trust you. It is easy for us to understand how when you stated how happy you were when you hear him speak to you and not lunge when you reached to get his water bowl. I'm pretty sure all of us here at PP are so proud of you and what you have accomplished. Maybe something good will be in his future.

It was great to hear a positive update although he is still at the store.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-11-2016), lolsavannahh (06-10-2016)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Hi! Welcome to our forum, Savannah . I'm not a macaw person but am a bird lady. Connection is everything, if you feel it, flow with it. If you are sensitive enough to feel their..vibes, or whatever.. they will tell you when you can move forward. I keep thinking I will get banned for my views but.. so far so good .
    You are so right having a mac myself i rely on his vibes his eyes and body language

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2016), Lady (10-22-2016)

Parrots

Thanks for the updates i hope all is still going well with your birdy friends i hope they can find good homes soon they sound lovely

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-24-2016), lolsavannahh (10-24-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    Thanks for the updates i hope all is still going well with your birdy friends i hope they can find good homes soon they sound lovely
    Actually Skully and Rudy were both gone the last time I came in which I haven't been in a while.. I am so happy for both of them, but wary because I know the owner of the shop doesn't care who takes them, he just wants the money. I'd like to believe they are both in great homes and with great people!
    I miss them all dearly, but there is a new B&G mac named Zoe, and he is really great too besides his weird mood-swings. I have had the pleasure of holding him once, but since then he has been a jerk! LOL typical macaw... (;

16. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (10-24-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Actually Skully and Rudy were both gone the last time I came in which I haven't been in a while.. I am so happy for both of them, but wary because I know the owner of the shop doesn't care who takes them, he just wants the money. I'd like to believe they are both in great homes and with great people!
    I miss them all dearly, but there is a new B&G mac named Zoe, and he is really great too besides his weird mood-swings. I have had the pleasure of holding him once, but since then he has been a jerk! LOL typical macaw... (;
    Ha ha does sound like a typical mac they (at least mine would always be with me if he could not harness trained working on that lol). i just hope they didnt go to the man that keeps takjng and bringing them back ... to bad the owner can't see how awsome these birds are and want to help more so than to make money i hope the new b&g zoe get on well and gets some help form you sounds like you do a whole lot to look out for there welfare so thanks for that ...my guy lucky can be pretty moody lol i think it makes owning a mac fun you can guess but never know his true intention (at least i cant tell yet but ive only had him like 3 months)

18. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-24-2016), lolsavannahh (10-25-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    So happy to read they went to (fingers crossed) good homes!!

I'm sure you will have Zoe wrapped around your finger in no time. Gotta love the macaw lunge...They find it fun watching people get out of the way...quickly.
    Rosie & Kendra

20. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-24-2016), lolsavannahh (10-25-2016)