User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~The Fuzzbuckets who allow me to share their bed~~

Hybrid View

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

~~The Fuzzbuckets who allow me to share their bed~~

Time to add my 'Wolf Pack' on here. I've mentioned I have 8 dogs, so I figured I would put a few photos of the rascals. There are 4 large & 4 small, 2 toy poodles, 2 shih tzus, 3 standard poodles & 1 sheepadoodle. And yes the all get on the bed at the same time sometimes, especially when it is cold. They try to allow me a small space to squeeze in.

Chow Yun & Nakia

Ozzie Doodle is the black & white one. Mikkwa is the red apricot
    & Nakia is the black one.

Cheyenne is the champagne poodle in the back. Next is Mikkwa, my red
    apricot in the middle and Nakia is the black one. Jonnikki is the
    little silver & cream colored toy poodle & Jen Jen is the black toy poodle.

Shaolin, my cow spot shih tzu.

Chow Yun, my black shih tzu, the 'old man' of the pack at 10 1/2 yrs.

~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-17-2013), kendrafitz (07-16-2013), plax (07-16-2013), spiritbird (07-16-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

~~Timeline of Ozzie Doodle's growth~~

These are a few photos showing how fast Ozzie grew after coming to live with me. He was 4 1/2 months old when I got him in Aug of 2012. He was 18" tall & weighed 21lbs. He is now 28" tall & weighs 85lbs and turned 1 yr old in April. He is a mix between a Standard Poodle & an Old English Sheepdog, not related to my dogs.

Taken in Aug after I got him.

Taken last night at suppertime.

also taken last Aug.

Taken in Dec. a couple of weeks before Christmas.
    ~~My Flock~~

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-17-2013), plax (07-16-2013)

Wow, you've got the pack going. Beautiful dogs! We had a shih tzu when I was a kid. Loved that dog! Love their underbite too.

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-16-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Wow what a pack. Very cute too! Do you do the grooming?

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-16-2013)

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    I grew up with a standard, I loved that dog. I have a pack of 7 so I know how crazy it can be. You have a lot of hair there, I just can't imagine the grooming.

10. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-16-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Debra, Dianne & Elizabeth they do drive me crazy at times.

I do the grooming which anymore consists of a complete shave down when it gets too long. I used to do the cute little pom poms & saddles on my toy poodles of yesteryear. I just don't have the time or the back to stand all the fussing over the hair anymore. They get too hot, so they love the short style.

I never intended to have 8 dogs at one time. I've had a poodle in my life since I was 9 yrs old and they have just been my dog. My previous two toy poodles lived to be 14 & 17 yrs & rode all over the US & Canada with us on the truck. When my dear old poodle Jon La Croix died in Jan of '08 at 17, I was very depressed. He was my 2nd child & he was one of those velcro poodles who thought he had to be stuck on or near me at all times. He would literally scream his bark if I left the house without him. We had Chow Yun at the time & he was sad too. So I went to find another toy poodle. That's where Jonnikkki whose name is a mix of Jon La Croix's and my first toy poodle I got after I was married who was named Nikki. Jonnikki came from a breeder who also bred shih tzus. That is how we ended up with Shaolin when I went to get Jen Jen who is Jonnikki's half nephew.

It is Jerry's fault we have Shaolin tho. He just had to have another shih tzu. The breeder showed me the puppies & I let him hold one while i looked at her poodle puppies. He never put that pup down til we got home. We brought home a shih tzu & a poodle pup! Now how we acquired Chow Yun is a bit unique. We were in a Flying J's truck stop in Russellville, Arkansas. There was another truck with puppies out on the grass and Jerry said, "Look at those Pekingese puppies." I told him they were shih tzus & he asked what was the difference. I told him, "Oh they are a little bigger, not as flat of face & a lot more hair!" His reply, "I don't care. I want one." Chow Yun had been born along with his 5 siblings going through Iowa on that truck & he has always loved riding.

I had always wanted a standard poodle from the time I was 9 & my Mom and I went to get a half black standard poodle & half black lab. The lady said the dad was a fence jumper & her female was a show dog. I guess I had a designer dog back when they were still called mutts & given free, in the mid 60s. There was a lady I knew who raised standards & that's how I got Nakia. We took Nakia, Jonnikki, Jen Jen, Chow Yun & Shaolin to Fairbanks, Alaska with us in the back of the V.W. Beetle when we went up there for my son's wedding in Aug of '08. Now that was an experience!! The lady who raised standards had a litter of apricot pups in Nov of '08 & I brought home not one but two. Jerry was no help when I asked him which color he would like best & he said, "Both". Cheyenne & Mikkwa are half sisters to Nakia, they have the same father who is a white standard.

The pack of 7 was plenty & I still wonder why I added Ozzie, the sheepadoodle! I checked on a parti colored 3 yr old female standard poodle ad last Aug. I have always wanted a parti poodle & never found one at the times I got any of my others. I found out the female parti poodle hated birds in way of chickens & I didn't want to chance she would hate parrots too. So these folks had a chocolate standard poodle pup or two sheepadoodle pups I could get instead. I brought home the sheepadoodle who was parti colored & that is how I ended up with a wolf pack of 8!
    Last edited by Turquoise; 07-16-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    That is quite the pack you got there. Beautiful dogs! You have such a nice array of pets!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

13. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-17-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Holy Cow De Andrea their fantastic !! [they look well behaved ] . I see what you mean about Ozzies size!!. Looks like a whole different dog shaved down. I have poodle mixes too [small world] .

15. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-17-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Blanca & Terri. Blanca, I do have an array of pets. All my pets I had before I started keeping parrots again except Ozzie. They are my newest additions, but I don't plan on adding anymore unless a parrot came along I couldn't resist or was in need of a home. I could have gotten a Timneh African Grey a couple of months ago if I had lived in or close to W. Virginia. A member on the BP parrot forum was trying to find a home for her Mom's Timneh. She wanted it to go to someone she knew from the forum & I was the only one who said I'd take it in a heartbeat if I were close enough to drive to get it. I already knew from the first time she was looking for a home for it last year that her Mom would not want to ship the bird. I was the only one then that said I'd take it & be willing to pay for shipping if her Mom was ok with that. I have no idea if she found a home for it as she never says until her Mom gets ready to send the bird away again.

That's awesome Terri, what kind of poodle mixes do you have? There are so many these days & the price they want for them if you check the websites is outrageous for hybrid mix breeds. OK, that is just my opinion since I grew up in a era where mutts were always free & very hard to find homes for. Ozzie wasn't free, he cost me $200.00. But I didn't pay the $1,500.00 to $1,800.00 they are on the sites. Yikes, that is another parrot price for me & that I'd gladly pay if I were looking for a specific bird. Not for a mix breed dog tho'.

He is a bulldozer, very strong & has already tore up the dog door twice! He came in wearing the frame one day when he went through & the plastic bolts it came with pulled out. We have it bolted down with longer metal one now, but if you close him outside & he thinks he should be in, he will ram the door with his head trying to come in bending the slider part that covers the plastic flap. He clearly did not inherit the poodle dignity & finesse. My standard girls are polite & regal compared to Ozzie Doodle!
    ~~My Flock~~

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    De Andrea ,I know what you mean about prices of mixed breed [WOW] . But of course they don't even touch parrots. I have a cockapoo, peekapoo and cavapoo. Before these guys [and birds] We were looking into a standard poodle.

18. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-17-2013)