User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tory the pig!

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty

Tory the pig!

This is my handsome pig Tory. He is such a sweetie and I figured I would share him with you all. He is such a charmer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374455067.775669.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	1064

2. The following 5 users like this post:

aliray (07-26-2013), Blancaej (07-25-2013), kendrafitz (07-22-2013), Mare (07-24-2013), Turquoise (07-24-2013)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    oh how sweet, so are they better than dogs as i had a lot of ppl tell me.

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    haha he is cute I also heard they are like dogs if you raise them like one.

Parrots

I don't think he's better than the dogs, but he is definitely different than them. They have some advantages and come less desirable traits. We have a variety, and he is unique. I just love him though and since he is with the dogs a lot, he is rather Dog like. They have such a strong food drive that you have to be always on the alert. On the other hand it does make them easy to train.

He's so cute! If I were to show this to my hubby, he would only say "no, no, no, no". lol. He knows I'd be saying I want one.

Parrots

Lol, I fell in love with pigs long before I brought one home. I eventually found one that needed help and my hubby just couldn't say no. He can't say no to me. He spoils me so much. Just be sure to do the research before bringing one home. They are amazingly smart and incredibly destructive. Tory is still smallish, ~80#, I hope he doesn't get much bigger, but I know it is possible.

I really couldn't get one. We have wild hogs out here where I live and I'd be afraid they would get into a pen and hurt any livestock I might have. They come rooting right up to my front porch steps. Since I leave for work before dawn I have to be real quick sometimes getting into my car so they don't go after me. I had planted some bulbs in my yard and they rooted every one of them up and ate them! I hear you on the destructiveness of them.

Parrots

Oh no! That seems dangerous. Tory lives in the house, he goes outside only in our fenced in yard. I wouldn't leave him out anywhere where something could get to him, many a pig has been mauled by neighborhood dogs.

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Tory is soo cute!!! I have seen many of them for sale in the last couple of years around these parts. I have sure been tempted to get one, but I already have enough to take care of on work days.

My sister used to raise the big old domestic hogs & most were big pets. As long as they didn't have babies!!

Debra, we have lots of wild pigs out here where I live also. Luckily none care to hang around my house, probably due to my dogs. I can certainly show ya'll photos of what a half grown wild pig can do to a V.W. New Beetle!!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    What a cutie pig! Is Tory a pot-bellied pig? Years ago, my friend, the one where Amigo came from, had a pot bellied and she brought it to my youngest sons kindergarten class to show the kids, it was adorable! Gosh, this had to be at least 16 yrs. ago and I think it's still alive but he got HUGE! How long is their life expectancy, do you know?